Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't see the tools from Lara to beat GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara is damn near impossible to look good against. Rangy southpaw who likes boxing from the outside. It's an unusual combo. Not exactly a huge amount of guys you can bring in to spar with to specifically prepare for Lara.

Comment

lara is limited, he has one style, he needs to be on the outside, if you pressure him and walk him down he doesnt know how to deal with it.

still, GGG's opposition until the last year was horrific and people were demanding the fight, that GGG ran scared from a fighter most think he would beat easily, doesnt do him any favors.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I don't think he beats him but he would give him challenges. GG doesn't deal with lateral movement very well.
        The reason people wanted to see Lara vs GGG was because, at the time, GG was fighting guys like Wade, welterweight Kell Brook, etc. If you think Lara is garbage, that should explain how bad GG's competition was that people were begging for him to fight Lara.

There's fights for Golovkin at 160 now, which is why no one is asking to see him fight Lara anymore.
        bingo

despite what people think of lara or his chances were....he was more accomplished than pretty much any of gggs previous opponents...was the top ranked guy one division below....and was in the feature of several televised cards on reg cable and premium....it made alot of sense...despite what people think it was pretty obvious gggs handlers didnt really fancy the fight

Comment

Lara is a poor mans, even more scared fighting, smaller Jacobs with no power and just a left straight. Talking big but even ducking the tough fights in his own division like Andrade or Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Lara is damn near impossible to look good against. Rangy southpaw who likes boxing from the outside. It's an unusual combo. Not exactly a huge amount of guys you can bring in to spar with to specifically prepare for Lara.
            Lol. Too bad Golovkin also likes to fight on the outside, feasts on mobile opponents, has a dynamite jab and takes advantage of people who shell up on the ropes, which Lara loves doing.

I can kinda see why people try pushing Lara, but that dude has never fought an offensive fighter like Golovkin. The chances of him going 12 are zero, and I'm not one for absolutes.

Go watch Lara vs. Martirosyan. Pay attention to basic forward motion that Vanes used, and that was still enough to corner Lara 20 times. Then look at all those hooks that Vanes was landing on laras frail body.

Imagine him fighting a guy with a weight advantage, twice the power, and polished offensive game and you'll realize Lara doesn't last 5 rounds.

Golovkin feasts on mobile fighters. It's not Lara that would make Golovkin look bad, it would be exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Lol. Too bad Golovkin also likes to fight on the outside, feasts on mobile opponents, has a dynamite jab and takes advantage of people who shell up on the ropes, which Lara loves doing.

I can kinda see why people try pushing Lara, but that dude has never fought an offensive fighter like Golovkin. The chances of him going 12 are zero, and I'm not one for absolutes.

Go watch Lara vs. Martirosyan. Pay attention to basic forward motion that Vanes used, and that was still enough to corner Lara 20 times. Then look at all those hooks that Vanes was landing on laras frail body.

Imagine him fighting a guy with a weight advantage, twice the power, and polished offensive game and you'll realize Lara doesn't last 5 rounds.

Golovkin feasts on mobile fighters. It's not Lara that would make Golovkin look bad, it would be exact opposite.
              Yes, yes. We know Golovkin is the best at everything in the history of the sport despite being 35 and not even having a HOF resume yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Yes, yes. We know Golovkin is the best at everything in the history of the sport despite being 35 and not even having a HOF resume yet.
                He isnt the best but he beats Lara. I mean, seriously? Erislandy Lara? What the **** did Lara ever do to even be mentioned as a GGG opponent? GGG would put him in the hospital

Comment

yet hes been fighting willie monroes, dom wades, rosados, adamas and whatever else for the last 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    yet hes been fighting willie monroes, dom wades, rosados, adamas and whatever else for the last 4 years
                    Lara loses to GGG, deal with it racist

Comment

Jacobs and Brook say otherwise. GGG himself says otherwise as well. Where did you get this from?

"He want a boxing match. I want street fight. Big drama show." Remember that?

Frail body? Man, you have gone full ******.

GGG f*gboys are hilarious. They just make **** up all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X