Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Maidana decides to come back for a final showdown and demanded a fight with...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Maidana decides to come back for a final showdown and demanded a fight with...

Canelo, could he get it?

So hear me out. Rumor has it that Chino is pretty heavy. Like 190-200 lb type of heavy. So realistically, if he did decide to cash out in a final fight, it would likely take place at MW or JMW, instead of his usual weight class at 147. Or, in the case of him fighting Canelo, it's likely to take place at a CW of 156 lb or so. A weight that I feel that Chino could realistically make without too much struggle.

Now obviously the main issue here is that Chino is Haymon property and Canelo is Golden Boy. Oscar and Haymon don't exactly have the best relationship, but stranger things have happened. This is boxing, after all.

I think this is a realistic option for a couple of reasons. It's been stated before that Maidana doesn't really get motivated for fights against guys like Porter, Thurman, Garcia and so on. He wants BIG money fights, ones that will match or even be bigger than the paydays he got from Broner and Floyd x2.

Let's be honest for a second, from the looks of things, Canelo doesn't want to fight GGG anytime soon. So, Chino stepping in is not a bad option! Hell, anything is better than Canelo fighting Rosado!

What do you think?

I would pay to see that, but if chino is that big?? I doubt he could get in shape quickly, if at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I would pay to see that, but if chino is that big?? I doubt he could get in shape quickly, if at all!
      Losing weight isn't that hard for boxers. These guys lose up to 3,000+ calories in a day's work! Boxing workouts are no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        Losing weight isn't that hard for boxers. These guys lose up to 3,000+ calories in a day's work! Boxing workouts are no joke.
        Really? Then why do so many fail to make weight or come in drained?
        Also the older you get.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Really? Then why do so many fail to make weight or come in drained?
          Also the older you get.....
          Well, when I said 190-200 lbs that was only speculation from what I've read on here. There's no official word on how much he weighs. He might be closer to 180 or 170 for all we know, maybe those were just bad pics!

Comment

Well, when I said 190-200 lbs that was only speculation from what I've read on here. There's no official word on how much he weighs. He might be closer to 180 or 170 for all we know, maybe those were just bad pics!
            Got it! We don't know how heavy chino is now!

Comment

Nope Haymon vs GBP.

But if all was fair game I say he'll get it, chino made his mark in the Mexican/Hispanic market in the U.S. and they will come out and show out for him, and he will not be opposed to fight out in Texas where that fight will be huge.

Now how he does is less exciting, he will land a few on Canelo maybe even knot up a eye but those body shots Canelo will be landing on him will be Ferocious and Chino never been a man to take his body shots well. The fight will last 4-5 rounds in a fire fight till eventually Chino gets folded up like a lawn chair.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
                Nope Haymon vs GBP.

But if all was fair game I say he'll get it, chino made his mark in the Mexican/Hispanic market in the U.S. and they will come out and show out for him, and he will not be opposed to fight out in Texas where that fight will be huge.

Now how he does is less exciting, he will land a few on Canelo maybe even knot up a eye but those body shots Canelo will be landing on him will be Ferocious and Chino never been a man to take his body shots well. The fight will last 4-5 rounds in a fire fight till eventually Chino gets folded up like a lawn chair.
                Everyone says the same thing about Chino and body shots, but let's be honest for a second...the last time it was a major factor was in the Khan fight. That was a while ago.

Comment

Everyone says the same thing about Chino and body shots, but let's be honest for a second...the last time it was a major factor was in the Khan fight. That was a while ago.
                  came very close to get stopped in the lopez fight and in the karass fight over body shots (he even went down from a body shot in one of those fights cant recall but think they didnt call it iirc), and Mayweather got em to the body

Comment

I wouldn't watch that fight untill I see Chino against 1-2 solid guys at 154-156 first, You can't just take almost 2 years off, lose 40 lbs, then fight an elite guy at a higher weight class especially when you're a physical fighter that relies on strength and power like Chino, this fight is gonna be like 2 trains colliding and the bigger, stronger, younger train will roll over the other one, it's not really a hard fight to predict.

Comment

Working...
                    X