Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hypocrisy that involves the GGG-Ward-Kovalev triangle!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    There's no reason why Andre Ward can't fight both guys eventually. There's no issue here.

The 172 catchweighht doesn't mean as much as Golovkin fans pray it does. It's a non-title fight so why bother making the 168 limit?

He'll be back at 168 and at some point the Golovkin fight will have to happen. The Kovalev fight can still happen down the road.

There's no hypocrisy, there's no double standard.

Just scared Golovkin fans who are desperate for Ward to permanently move up in weight so the fight against their boy never happens.
    Who the hell is scared of a good fight happening? LOL

The only thing you see here is GGG fans saying they want to see Cotto vs GGG or Canelo vs GGG and then people jump in with Golovkin is ducking Ward doe! Then someone says Ward is ducking Kovalev doe!

It's silly. There are weight classes here. Golovkin is set on unifying the middleweight division. Cotto is lineal champ, Canelo is moving up to middleweight. Ward is obviously at 168 and just now got his legal issues taken care of and finally getting back into the ring and will have 1-2 tune up fights depending on how the Smith fight goes. Golovkin vs Ward will happen. People need to chill since it quite obviously can't happen immediately. Both Ward and Golovkin have both said that is a fight they want down the road. No problem there. Let GGG do his thing, Ward does his and they'll have a great fight later.

As for Kovalev, he's been the best of his division but don't really know WTF happened with the Adonis fight. Kovalev looking like the one who doesn't want it because the way Duva mishandled that situation. Hopefully they'll fight eventually. As for a Ward fight, doesn't matter unless Ward decides to move up. He has no obligation to do so, people need to chill on that as well and realize no fighter is obliged to move up in weight. You can't duck a fighter that's not in your own division, it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 05-18-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
      You realize why Ward is taking a fight at 172 right? He's wasted enough time being absent the last couple years and since GGG isnt going to fight he's transitioning up to light heavyweight.

Kovalev's promoter said just a couple days ago theyve discussed the fight for sometime next year

do some research first and you wont look like such an ass
      Links or stfu

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
        Links or stfu

2 minute 15 second mark

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
          GGG fans are shook as Ward's comeback looms closer. Let me spell it out for you:

Once Ward goes up to LHW, he isn't pulling a RJJ and coming back down in weight. When he moves up it's going to be for good. So why ruin a fight with GGG? GGG first, then Kovalev. You say it's hypocritical that we ask GGG to move up and not Ward but you fail to realize that it's just coincidental that Ward happens to be in between them. If it was reversed and GGG was a SMW and Ward was a MW we would be telling Ward to move up!
          That's the thing, why would you be telling anyone to move up, why is there an obligation for any of these guys to move up or down? I understand in the case of a super fight like Chavez Sr vs Whitaker or something like that but none of these fights are super fights or even necessary. Guys like Rigondeaux, Ward, Golovkin, Kovalev, if they have spent their entire careers at their weight class without any weight issues and are grown ass men, not 20 year olds, why are they obligated to move up? They aren't. If they do, cool then there is an obligation to fight the best in the division. Such as Cotto, once he won that belt and decided to stay and defend his belt against a middleweight, there's now an obligation to fight the best since he has the crown.

Comment

The ward vs GGG fight was only being talked about AFTER GGG called Ward out. Ward had no interest in him, only when his voice got louder and louder did Ward respond and say he's ready to fight him. GGG's promoter just said the other day that a fight with Ward would make no sense.

So basically GGG called out Ward, Ward said he's ready then GGG promoter says no thanks. Now for me that's fine, GGG is a 160 lbs fighter and he has NO obligations to move up and fight Ward.

The Kovalev situation is slightly different. So far I've never ever heard Kovalev mention Ward's name. Maybe someone can clarify that for me? Ward hasn't said anything about him either I think. So neither have said anything about having a fight and it's the fans who are talking this fight up without the fighters even discussing the possibility of a fight. But ok even if Kovalev did call out Ward, Ward has NO obligations to go up a division and fight him. If Kovalev went down to 168 and Ward refused then it would be an issue. But none of that has happened so there is no obligation on either end for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post

2 minute 15 second mark
              Good find. So, with that being said the "I'm not a 175 pound fighter" is out the window right? If Ward is going up in weight, is the GGG ducking Ward justified?

Comment

It's pretty ******ed. Either way, Golovkin is better than Kovalev imo regardless of weight disadvantage.

Comment

I like it, the fans should call for this.......WARD-KILLA KOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                    Good find. So, with that being said the "I'm not a 175 pound fighter" is out the window right? If Ward is going up in weight, is the GGG ducking Ward justified?
                    IMO He's making the transition to LHW but not committing entirely in case he can get a good fight at SMW.

Like I said he's making that move because he's wasted enough time being absent the last couple years and GGG's people arent keen on fighting him and there isnt much else there.

Comment

Who is Ward though? I mean he hasn't fought for years and he has no intention of fighting at the top level again anytime soon.

Who can say that Ward is anywhere near the same man we saw a few years ago?

And even in his prime he was never a PPV draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X