Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The utter stupidity of protesting the Ferguson incident is out of this world baffling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No, you would know if he grabbed the weapon if the fingerprints were on the gun. The initial investigators didn't do any fingerprint analysis of the weapon. This evidence would eliminate the doubt I have about how afraid this officer was-the same thing you don't doubt.

adding doe tells me who you really are and gives insight on why you feel the way you do.

see, now you are lying. I never once said anything about not using the firearm. I maintain an unarmed man shouldn't be shot to death by a trained officer. What I dispute is that his life was in danger.

If you reach the conclusion that I don't value the cops life, then you either haven't or can't read. At no point have I said the cop was wrong to grab his gun. I just don't buy his "fear" and think the situation didn't have to end in the death of an unarmed man.

If you disagree-so be it.

If you don't see race-fine. As I said, our different life experiences shape how we see this. Ferguson is predominantly black community with a hugely disproportionate white police force that has been at odds with the community for some time. so I think race is central to the issue.

I think this officer, any officer for that matter, who is armed and trained to use firearms is that afraid of an unarmed man, even if he did assault him.

You have also talked about the officer's "fear"-as I said yesterday if he was so afraid (because he could see how big Brown was already) stay in the car and do not engage until backup comes.

everything I suggested today and yesterday gives the officer a chance to arrest mike brown, have him have his day in court and keeps him alive.

The officer still has his job and we are not going through everything we have.

I never said don't shoot mike brown I said he didn't have to kill him given what I know about officer training relative to use of their firearms.

If you think this is the case-I can't tell you how you should feel. If you are angry and fed up the question is why haven't you taken a stand if you believe this to be the case? if you really think this is true, what have you done about it? Have you protested? Have you written your congressman? Have you done anything to try and stop this from happening? have you written to the ombudsman of the various news agencies?

No! So get up off your ass and do something. You can debate it on bscene but are you willing to make an effort to correct things you see as wrong?

That's where this thread began-other than the looting- I think its perfectly reasonable for people to be protesting the GJ decision if they don't agree about so long as they do it peacefully.

I never said convict Wilson, he was definitely guilty, you or the GJ were racist or anything else. Sadly, you missed all that.

There could have been a different ending here-one in which the officer pulled his weapon and fired yet didn't kill Mike Brown because he was unarmed.

We can end if you like because despite everything you have said I don't think the officer had to kill him given everything Ive read. You feel differently. so be it.

I have understood everything said perfectly. You somehow thnk the cop should have shot Brown, but not killed him. That is completely ridiculous. Cops are trained to shoot to incapacitate. He shot Brown in the arm a few times, told him to sto and get on the ground to gve hm one more chance, but he continued to charge. He then shot him until he stopped moving - exactly what he had to do. And it turned out that he died. Mike Brown is the one who should have not charged the cop - the cop isn't the one who should have taken a chance with his own life, and health and tried to "shoot his legs" hoping that would be enough to incapacitate him.

Lol, what type of cop sits in the car, and lets a man who just bashed him in the face several times, and then tried to use his own weapon against him, get away? He had a duty to the community he is sworn to serve and protect, to follow and see where this violent man was going.

In that situation, his goal wasn't to arrest Brown, but to keep an eye on him, and follow him, so when backup arrives, then he can be arrested. However, Brown CHARGED HIM, instead of continuing to try and run away!

So, rather than give Brown the chance to get in strikng range again, and possibly hurt him, or kill him, he acted as he was trained! Officer Wilson is a hero for doing what he had to do to get home to his family, who depends on him. And he got rid of a violent thug who liked to use his size, and violence against smaller people to rob them, and intimidate them.

The Ferguson police department, as well as ALL police department, abide by AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and try to heavily recruit black officers, and minority officers. The fact that not many blacks want to join the police force, is not the police force's fault.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but it's a laughable opinion when you say you believe the cop wasn't in "enough fear" to shoot Brown as he was trained, which is to shoot center mass until the target stops moving - sometimes they die, sometimes they don't die. This time he caught one in the wig, and died. It's sad for his family, but Mike Brown's actions, NOT Officer Wilson's actions, are the reason why Mke Brown is dead.

Also - I have stated that healthy protesting is good - in the right places, and for the right things. They should be protesting the reasons why their community is impoverished, and why more blacks don't join the polce force, and why Mike Brown grew up to be such a violent thug? But it's just another blame Whitey field day they are having, and the way they are going about "protesting" (burnng their community down), is sad, ironic, and laughable all at the same time.

ANd how do you know what I do, and don't do to help make people aware of the epidemic of black on white crime? and overall epidemic of black violent crime? Maybe I have done things to help the black community before? Maybe I have written media stations about giving airtime to certain issues, and cases?

I am mainly interested in the reason "WHY" there is so much black on white crime, compared to white on black crime. It seems poverty is not the main reason why. I spend a lot of time studying research done in this area. DIfferent topic, different thread, though. Just wanted to see how YOU felt about the issue of the hugely disproportionate rates of black on white crime, since you feel passionate about the disproportionate amount of black shootng deaths by police.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
      I have understood everything said perfectly. You somehow thnk the cop should have shot Brown, but not killed him. That is completely ridiculous. Cops are trained to shoot to incapacitate. He shot Brown in the arm a few times, told him to sto and get on the ground to gve hm one more chance, but he continued to charge. He then shot him until he stopped moving - exactly what he had to do. And it turned out that he died. Mike Brown is the one who should have not charged the cop - the cop isn't the one who should have taken a chance with his own life, and health and tried to "shoot his legs" hoping that would be enough to incapacitate him.

Lol, what type of cop sits in the car, and lets a man who just bashed him in the face several times, and then tried to use his own weapon against him, get away? He had a duty to the community he is sworn to serve and protect, to follow and see where this violent man was going.

In that situation, his goal wasn't to arrest Brown, but to keep an eye on him, and follow him, so when backup arrives, then he can be arrested. However, Brown CHARGED HIM, instead of continuing to try and run away!

So, rather than give Brown the chance to get in strikng range again, and possibly hurt him, or kill him, he acted as he was trained! Officer Wilson is a hero for doing what he had to do to get home to his family, who depends on him. And he got rid of a violent thug who liked to use his size, and violence against smaller people to rob them, and intimidate them.

The Ferguson police department, as well as ALL police department, abide by AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and try to heavily recruit black officers, and minority officers. The fact that not many blacks want to join the police force, is not the police force's fault.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but it's a laughable opinion when you say you believe the cop wasn't in "enough fear" to shoot Brown as he was trained, which is to shoot center mass until the target stops moving - sometimes they die, sometimes they don't die. This time he caught one in the wig, and died. It's sad for his family, but Mike Brown's actions, NOT Officer Wilson's actions, are the reason why Mke Brown is dead.

Also - I have stated that healthy protesting is good - in the right places, and for the right things. They should be protesting the reasons why their community is impoverished, and why more blacks don't join the polce force, and why Mike Brown grew up to be such a violent thug? But it's just another blame Whitey field day they are having, and the way they are going about "protesting" (burnng their community down), is sad, ironic, and laughable all at the same time.

ANd how do you know what I do, and don't do to help make people aware of the epidemic of black on white crime? and overall epidemic of black violent crime? Maybe I have done things to help the black community before? Maybe I have written media stations about giving airtime to certain issues, and cases?

I am mainly interested in the reason "WHY" there is so much black on white crime, compared to white on black crime. It seems poverty is not the main reason why. I spend a lot of time studying research done in this area. DIfferent topic, different thread, though. Just wanted to see how YOU felt about the issue of the hugely disproportionate rates of black on white crime, since you feel passionate about the disproportionate amount of black shootng deaths by police.
      As I said, I don't think he was taking any chance with his life holding a gun against an unarmed man.

Heroes save people, they don't kill them. Bullying, burglary, robbery and intimidation are not crimes that are punishable by death.

when I say wait to engage and wait for backup-I mean when he arrived before all this. he can still meet his duty but also reduces the his "fear" as he now has more help.

dude, we know why more blacks are not members of the Ferguson PD. Blame whitey field day-sad you describe it this way. you have no idea what police forces practice in terms of hiring, promoting or recruiting. do you really think blacks don't want jobs-let alone as police?

If you have, then there was no need for your paragraph. If you are outraged, protest..

That's because crime statistics are based on arrest reports. we know who gets arrested disproportionately we know about sentencing disparities.

You are clearly young, maybe mid 20's, and haven't seen or experienced as much as me so we are always going to see it differently. You seem to think the proper actions were taken given what you have read about the investigation. I am looking at that, but also the things that were not done-for example the fingerprint analysis of the gun.

You, as you said several times before, are about 100% sure. I think with the taking of human life, whether it be in this case or for example the death penalty (which I support) we need to be 100%, not about 100%. This has not met the 100% standard for me.

My only concern is how this situation could have been resolved without an unarmed man being killed and how we hold accountable this officer for this.

Perhaps his resignation without being charged by the GJ is as good an outcome as can be achieved.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...ry.html#page=1

the article above talks about the witness testimony and them not being sure of Brown's intentions when charging forward. What if he wasn't attacking Wilson, what if he did have his hands up?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        As I said, I don't think he was taking any chance with his life holding a gun against an unarmed man.

Heroes save people, they don't kill them. Bullying, burglary, robbery and intimidation are not crimes that are punishable by death.

when I say wait to engage and wait for backup-I mean when he arrived before all this. he can still meet his duty but also reduces the his "fear" as he now has more help.

dude, we know why more blacks are not members of the Ferguson PD. Blame whitey field day-sad you describe it this way. you have no idea what police forces practice in terms of hiring, promoting or recruiting. do you really think blacks don't want jobs-let alone as police?

If you have, then there was no need for your paragraph. If you are outraged, protest..

That's because crime statistics are based on arrest reports. we know who gets arrested disproportionately we know about sentencing disparities.

You are clearly young, maybe mid 20's, and haven't seen or experienced as much as me so we are always going to see it differently. You seem to think the proper actions were taken given what you have read about the investigation. I am looking at that, but also the things that were not done-for example the fingerprint analysis of the gun.

You, as you said several times before, are about 100% sure. I think with the taking of human life, whether it be in this case or for example the death penalty (which I support) we need to be 100%, not about 100%. This has not met the 100% standard for me.

My only concern is how this situation could have been resolved without an unarmed man being killed and how we hold accountable this officer for this.

Perhaps his resignation without being charged by the GJ is as good an outcome as can be achieved.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...ry.html#page=1

the article above talks about the witness testimony and them not being sure of Brown's intentions when charging forward. What if he wasn't attacking Wilson, what if he did have his hands up?

Thankfully we have something known as the "National Criminal Victmization Survey" (NCVS) - google it. It does not rely on arrest statistics, nor have anythng to do with police data.

It is a survey given to a huge sample across the country, asking them f they have been a victim of a crime in the past year, and what that crime was, and then it asks questions about themselves, and their attacker/perpetrator.

And guess what? These statistics are pretty much on point with arrest statistics. That shows that cops are arresting the right people, at the right rate.

Can you understand that? Or do I need to explain it further. Seriously - not tring to be snarky, but some people literally don't comprehend that this has nothing to do with police reporting, or arrests, or convictions.

In fact, the reason the survey was started, was to see how much crime is actually reported to the police, but it has become a great tool to see if the cops are arresting the right people in proportion to the crimes they are committing.

I'll find the data and cite it here for you - but all you have to do is google "NCVS race and crime stats" and you can find more than enough for yourself.

Comment

• Don't let Big Dunn duck the statistics of the National Criminal Victimization Survey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            It's not? Looks like his friend also in the picture.

And I think one of them has a 2nd degree murder charge? I read that a couple nights ago; not sure how much water that holds...we would've heard more of that by now.
            I found what I was talking about although they do look alike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I found what I was talking about although they do look alike.

One was overweight attempted murderer the other overweight murderer... both got their just desserts. That's all that matters

Comment

• Where's Big Dunn? No response to the NCVS statistics that completely destroy his logic.

Comment

Working...
                X