No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Canelo Not Ready For Floyd, But in Win-Win Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by budfr View Post
    Stop with the weight advantage BS. Mayweather had a weight advantage over Marquez, who just ate alot of food to become a welterweight that day. Besides, many boxers slow down if they gain weight overnight. Martinez fights with heavier foes. Canelo and Martinez both can beat Floyd. Guerrero did good, but with the hugging, running and pushing, how can anyone win?? Only by kicking Floyd or pinning him to the ground. Floyd is overhyped.
    You're right stop with the weight advantage BS becasue PAC outweighed Marquez by the same amount when Floyd fought him. PAC 147 - Marquez 143. Floyd 146 - Marquez 142. People say Floyd ran but I've never seen a guy get hit in the mouth 200 times by someone who was running.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      The thing is is that many other fighters do but Floyd doesn't!!!

Floyd and his team already freaked out that Manny went from 106 to 150lbs and walked over his opponents. So Manny already did the unbelievable, according to Floyd and his team.

Here is the thing. Marquez challenged Floyd, Floyd was cool with him coming up ~3 divisions. Sergio Martinez said he was even willing to come down to the weight where Floyd won a title but Floyd didn't bite.

Hopkins went up from middleweight to light HW at 40+ years old but Floyd can't fight a 154 opponent even though Floyd is the champ there?
      Not only did Martinez offer to fight FLOYD at a lower weight. He offered Canelo and PAC the same challenge. He told PAC he would come to 150. He even said the only person that would take his offer seriously would be Floyd. He said I know PAC or Canelo wont fight me. So how come you don't criticize those fighters like you do Floyd?

Comment

Stop with the weight advantage BS. Mayweather had a weight advantage over Marquez, who just ate alot of food to become a welterweight that day. Besides, many boxers slow down if they gain weight overnight. Martinez fights with heavier foes. Canelo and Martinez both can beat Floyd. Guerrero did good, but with the hugging, running and pushing, how can anyone win?? Only by kicking Floyd or pinning him to the ground. Floyd is overhyped.
        This is from a boxing article:

Well, last night Canelo rehydrated up to a reported 172 lbs. for his 12 round unanimous decision win over WBA junior middleweight champion Austin Trout at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. You can do the math.

Mayweather is fighting at around 147 when he steps inside the ring for his fights at 147, then he’d be giving up 25 pounds to Canelo if Mayeather were to fight him. Even if Mayweather was gain a little bit of weight to fight Canelo in junior middleweight, we’re still talking about 20 pounds difference between the two of them.

I think Canelo needs to forget about Mayweather because he’s too big for him. No one is asking Mayweather to fight middleweights Chavez Jr. or Golovkin and Canelo is basically a middleweight righting at junior middleweight. Why doesn’t Canelo fight Chavez Jr., Golovkin or Sergio Martinez? Those guys are his own size? I don’t see Canelo calling them out. Is it because they’re same size as him?

Comment

Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
          Now your trying to defend Rios cause pac is fighting him lol... didn't Salido get busted for PED'S after that fight?? OH AIGHT... Rios has ZERO I repeat ZERO defense would school him like Abril and Alvarado just did. Aydin was undefeated and the fact remains which you can't change... Rios is coming off of a lost is he not?? And his last fight was at 140 was it not?

OK THEN!!! pac-tards say pac is great but he got knocked out his last fight, he is fighting a cat that NEVER I repeat NEVER fought at welterweight, and lost his last fight lol and he is supposed to be the greatest??

LOL so did I make anything up in my post?? OH AIGHT THEN
          That's what I'm saying bro. I don't know how anybody can justify this fight! It's dumb. Rios just lost and he has to move up in weight. It pisses me off but hey that's shat Pac's resume will be remembered as. Having fought fighters who had come off of losses and basically have a weight advantage over them.. And he's supposed to be one of the best fighters ever?

Comment

Here's a little more for you:

By Dan Ambrose: WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) says he’s considering a bout on September 14th against one of the following opponents: Sergio Martinez, Alfredo Angulo or Miguel Cotto. According to Steve Kim, Canelo would have to move to 160 if he plans on fighting Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez (50-2-2, 28 KO’s), at least that’s what Martinez’s adviser Sampson Lewkowicz is saying

Would Canelo be interested in moving up six pounds to face someone slightly bigger than him in Sergio Martinez or would Canelo flat out say no, that he prefers to fight guys in his own weight class or smaller? It’s unknown, but what is known is that Canelo has fought an awful lot of fighters in the division below him since he picked up the WBC junior middleweight title against welterweight Matthew Hatton in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
              whoa .. whoa ... WHOA !! hold up ther young bucker roo ! people call marquez a piss boy because he he DRANK PISS ! he literally used to drink his own (and god knows who elses) pee ! just like if i took my girlfriend to a restaraunt and ordered a nece steak and lobster , and for my drink i would buy cristal , ace of spade , or dom p ! but if marquez went to the same restarant he would order steak lobste nad for his drink he would ask for vintage pee ! and it was never confirmed to this day whos pee he was drinking ! anyway at the end of the day rios is a better opponent than robert the ghost
              False, false and more false. Guerrero had two successful runs at 147 and Brandon Rios didn't. He lost his last fight at 140 and there should be no debate that Guerrero is a better boxer than Rios. You are not telling the truth because it's Manny. Floyd has been fighting WW's/Jr Middle (Cotto at full weight limit) since he returned with exception to JMM who moved up fresh from 135. All of Floyd opponents were winning, had belts and/or impressive wins prior to facing Mayweather. Can't say the same about Manny. His toughest fight at WW was the man you call "Piss Drinker" and he moved up to WW again for Manny in the 3rd fight then launched his head out to space in the 4th.

Comment

Marquez is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I always thought Floyd was overated cos people who fight him dont go on to do much more in the sport and dont seem to learn from losing to Floyd.

Coralles, Castillo, DLH, SSM, Hatton, Cotto dont seem to benefited from losing to Floyd. I also thought Floyds resume was overated for the same reason, cos if the people Floyd beat were any good where are they now?
                  so i guess you think pac is overrated too for the same reasons

Comment

Spoken like someone who's never so much as sparred before.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      The thing is is that many other fighters do but Floyd doesn't!!!

Floyd and his team already freaked out that Manny went from 106 to 150lbs and walked over his opponents. So Manny already did the unbelievable, according to Floyd and his team.

Here is the thing. Marquez challenged Floyd, Floyd was cool with him coming up ~3 divisions. Sergio Martinez said he was even willing to come down to the weight where Floyd won a title but Floyd didn't bite.

Hopkins went up from middleweight to light HW at 40+ years old but Floyd can't fight a 154 opponent even though Floyd is the champ there?
                      So why didn't Pacquiao fight Martinez? He and Floyd are in the same division.

Comment

Working...
                      X