Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO have been a disgrace tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well bookmark this and keep bumping this thread every Saturday cause being a disgrace is HBO's agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      Honestly, I think Hauser should do some digging around on the Berto/HBO situation.

Let's look at his purse first. $1.6m, which is damn good for anyone outside of Pac/May/Cotto.

Now people keep saying he shouldn't be getting paid that well when he's failed a drug test. I think a failed drug test won't affect the purse - which should be based on drawing power.

Now, does Berto have a fanbase? No.

Does he do great numbers for HBO? No.

Is he an exciting fighter? No, he's got an ugly ass style. He just happens to be so very very vulnerable that B-level fighters get to him.

Does he have a huge upside in terms of potential? Ortiz already derailed that train.

So why is he getting paid so well? He was getting $1m for an undercard fight against Hernandez, FFS.

And tonight, HBO team going all out in nuthugging him...

Something ain't right here.
      yeah berto getting all this special treatment is scary i dont even know what to say anymore i just feel like their tearing this sport down little by little.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        See my above post. There's no secret here; Berto is with Al Haymon. It's a combination of a lot of factors, but Al Haymon pretty much gets whatever the **** he wants

Gary Russell fighting a 8-rounder on HBO?

Berto, with no fan base, getting a million bucks to fight bums?

Seth Mitchell getting HBO paydays?

Take a look at his list of fighters and then look and see who both HBO and Showtime are hyping as the future of the sport.
        keith thurman vs orlando lora on hbo
        danny garcia bout to go on a faded fighters tour
        is quillin with haymon? hes about to fight jermain taylor

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          If you think they were bad you should have seen the boxnation stream. Jesus.

They had Guerrero winning by 1 I believe.
          hbo was really bad so for boxnation to beat that they had to be terribly bias

hbo team minus leaderman kept talking about berto shots as if he didnt get outworked for most of the round

Comment

It was particularly funny when Lampley tried to spin the crowd's boos. Trying to sell that the crowd was booing the ref for admonishing berto when in fact they were booing berto and his knocks to the back of the head of Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
              It was particularly funny when Lampley tried to spin the crowd's boos. Trying to sell that the crowd was booing the ref for admonishing berto when in fact they were booing berto and his knocks to the back of the head of Guerrero.
              exactly! that one was clear as day but some how that went over jims head

Comment

"!!!!!the crowd is now cheering for Berto!!!!!" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was more like GUERRERO!!!!!!GUERRERO!!!!LOL

Comment

but this is nothing new. During the 90's HW Era, all they did was bash Lennox Lewis for every single HBO Fight against Americans. The Grant fight in which Lennox dominated, they were just talking about how godly Grant's heart was for having the courage to not 'quit'.

Comment

It's sad when we have to turn the volume off for a fkin channel we pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                      "!!!!!the crowd is now cheering for Berto!!!!!" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was more like GUERRERO!!!!!!GUERRERO!!!!LOL
                      only bertos mom would cheer for his sorry ass lol

Comment

Working...
                      X