Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6: New Release Date, No Wii U Plans
    Play the game sooner than you thought.
    April 10, 2012

During last week's Captivate conference in Rome, Capcom revealed that Resident Evil 6 will be headed to stores far earlier than we thought. While the game was previously announced with a release date of November 20th, Capcom has now confirmed that it will be released on October 2nd.

The news comes alongside a slew of new multiplayer details and new gameplay footage revealed at the event, plus news on the rest of Capcom's upcoming slate of releases.

In addition, we sat down with the game's producers, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, as well as director Eiichiro Sasaki to inquire about Resident Evil 6's potential place on Wii U, which is set to launch before the end of the year. Given the timing of its release and other high-profile titles recently announced for the system, does Resident Evil 6 have a place on Nintendo's new platform?

"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U," Kobayashi told us. "Right now we're concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game."

It's worth noting that Kobayashi specifically uses the words "at this time," which still leaves the possibility open for a Wii U announcement in the future. Since the system's unveiling at E3 2011, Nintendo has been keeping a lid on most of Wii U's launch details, though more info is expected to come at E3 2012.

IGN

Comment

• New Trailer:

Comment

• looks like the storyline is looking decent,exciting can't wait

Comment

• I'm worried about this game. Especially after Raccoon city. Capcom is abusing this DLC concept like no other gaming company out there.

Comment

• Can't wait to get this tbh

Comment

• I cant believe the reviews, on racoon city

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                I cant believe the reviews, on racoon city
                I was going to buy that game, still haven't read buyer comments on the game. I was gonna buy it, but before it came out, I called off all the purchases I was going to make cause I had some things to take care off. Even passed on getting MLB 12 The Show which is a great game.

Anyways, I like playing a game before judging it. So even though IGN brutalized the game, shred it for head to toe, I still want to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe i'll buy it used or something.

RE5 had a LOT of negative comments from players and stuff, and you'd think it was this terrible game or something. So I bought it brand new to see if the game was really that bad, and it's one of the best games i've played. People automatically go: Not like RE 1-4=Terrible game.

Comment

• @ New trailer

Are they really making us pick sides between Chris and Leon?

I'm sorry, i've beat all the RE's and there is still no way i'd side with Chris.

Leon FTW.

Even Jill > Chris

Comment

• New trailer looks alright, can't wait to play as leon on ps3!

Comment

• anyone playing Operation Raccoon City? anyone know where I can get a large screenshot of the multiplayer Surivor mode load screen? Where Vector is standing surrounded by zombies, and casually letting off his pistol? I need a photo of that ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X