No announcement yet.

New & Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New & Speed

I Just Started Training For boxing ,,I've Bin Too 2 Sessions And i Was Wondering Is There Any Way To Get Your Speed Up ?

Thanks

It'll come with time as your body gets used to the new movements your putting it through. Give your body time to adjust (say 1 month at least) and then add some punching with light dumbells (2-5lbs) or heavier gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
      It'll come with time as your body gets used to the new movements your putting it through. Give your body time to adjust (say 1 month at least) and then add some punching with light dumbells (2-5lbs) or heavier gloves.
      Ok ,, Thanks

Comment

sparring with heavier gloves is the best and most effective way, by the time your fight comes around, going from 16 to 10 is like night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          sparring with heavier gloves is the best and most effective way, by the time your fight comes around, going from 16 to 10 is like night and day.
          Those arent "heavier" gloves, thats what you SHOULD be wearing.

Comment

lol yea in sparing you usually wear 16, never less than 14. this isnt the pro's man. you should train in 18s if possible, and definitely shadow box with dumbells.

Comment

Originally posted by TurnerBoxing View Post
              I Just Started Training For boxing ,,I've Bin Too 2 Sessions And i Was Wondering Is There Any Way To Get Your Speed Up ?

Thanks

Comment

Thank You ,, I'll Take Note Of This

Comment

i say work less with the weight. they tighten your arms up too much. that restricts movement.

just lossen up. of course there are other things. but, there are other types of speed. such as adjustment speed.

Comment

Originally posted by nystate0fm1nd View Post
                    lol yea in sparing you usually wear 16, never less than 14. this isnt the pro's man. you should train in 18s if possible, and definitely shadow box with dumbells.

hmm, i use 12 ozers. but for MA, 4 or 6 oz mma style gloves. u get used to being hit pretty quickly with those.

i do like letting my sparring partners wear lighter gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X