Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford The Most Skilled Jr Welter of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Floyd was better defensively but he was never able to impose his will as Crawford is able to. I also think it's fair to give Crawford the edge in fundamentals.
    Oh yes he did. Did you watch Mayweather at the lower weights?

What "fundamentals" are you speaking of? I love when people throw words out without explaining specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Oh yes he did. Did you watch Mayweather at the lower weights?

What "fundamentals" are you speaking of? I love when people throw words out without explaining specifically.
      Footwork, using the jab, balance, being able to fight in both stances, throwing combinations accurately. Crawford does this better at 140 compares to Floyd when he was at 140.

Comment

Footwork, using the jab, balance, being able to fight in both stances, throwing combinations accurately. Crawford does this better at 140 compares to Floyd when he was at 140.

The only thing you can say Crawford does that Mayweather didn't is switch stances. There is nothing in his footwork, jab, accuracy or balance that can be seen as "better." unless you can give me some examples.

Comment

Crawford TBE @ 140 yet was getting outboxed by Gamboa lmao

Comment

140 shltty at best

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              Crawford TBE @ 140 yet was getting outboxed by Gamboa lmao
              What about Floyd vs Corrales and Gatti?

Comment

He's an excellent fighter there's no doubt about that but, why is everyone so quick to label current fighters as the best ever or top 10 atg? He's got a long way to go before he can be considered the best ever. 140 isn't the best weight class at the moment either. Give him time.

Comment

140 is the weakest division in boxing. Probably worse than 168.

Crawford is a great talent and definitely a top fight, but I still don't consider Postol or Diaz "A-level" wins.

Comment

The best in hos division.
                    exactly. the nameless and the forgettable. no knock against him but the guys that run the ww have fought real comp.

Comment

Manny is possibly the greatest fighter to have held the lineal 140 crown. TCs skills are nowhere near that.

then we have guys like Kostya, Floyd, Chavez Sr et al who also fought at the weight.

If we're talking purely long reigning champs, it's hard for me to place him above Kostya, Pryor and Locche to name a few. I would not label him better at the weight than Bradley, Judah or Khan either. Plus, Crawford has fought in arguably the weakest point in the division's history.

So...no!

Comment

Working...
                      X