No announcement yet.

"Floyd waited until Manny got old"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    I do think Manny was much more dangerous in 2007-2010 where as Floyd didn't slip as much between that time.

Floyd sure wasn't in a rush during that time

it took JMM putting PAC to sleep before he entertained the idea

if JMM didn't put PAC out, Floyd would have just stayed with his PED crusade

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Are you being deliberately obtuse? Manny never ducked him, he chased him for five years, and then he had to chase him around the ring. Manny didn't sign up for a foot race, he signed up for a fight. Your guy chose to stink out the joint and give boxing a black eye. He also CHEATED USING AN ILLEGAL IV...which is much more of a smoking gun that some phony accusation placed upon Pac in order for him to duck.

Ever since the Corrales fight he's been cherry-picking and convincing the simple-minded casuals such as yourself that he is the best ever. Despite his two year "retirement" in 2007 so he could avoid a rematch with DLH and all that prime talent waiting for him on the other end. He waited for them to eliminate one another and wear themselves down in tough battles before making a comeback to fight a much smaller Marquez, an older Mosley, cheap shot victory over Ortiz, a tough fight with a battle-worn pre-Roach Cotto, and B-rate Geurrero, Maidana and Berto. Hardly the stuff of legends.
      Look dude, stop it. he didn't "chase" Floyd for any amount of time. He refused over testing, wouldn't agree when Floyd changed the cutoff dates, got stitches when he was supposedly available, then refused the $40 mil, no ppv offer.

The IV has been addressed, but of course you need an excuse rather than just admitting that he was always better than Manny. Is what it is.

If you want to blame Floyd because you don't like him, fine. Meanwhile, as others have posted, he can fight a MMA guy and do record numbers while Manny has to go to Austrailia. It's obvious who people blame for not showing up-Manny.

the simple minded are people like you. You were the ones that claimed he was scared of Shane while pretending shane didn't refuse the fight. You were the guys that thought ODH would beat him despite ODH refusing to fight him for years.

SO guys fought each other when he was out. Happens all the time. If you want to elevate those guys to try and make Floyd look worse, fine.

Look, you can pretend what you posted is how things were and there is nothing I can do about it.

The truth of the matter is guys like you lket Arum, Skip, and HBO sell you on a guy that never had a chance to win rather than listen to boxers like Roy and Bhop that would tell you Floyd had the goods.

You let guys like Dougie and Steve Kim, who hated Floyd as much as you, sell you on his being afraid, rather than guys like Lou Dibella who pointed out Floyd was always a bad matchup for Manny.

If you could set aside your dislike for Floyd while discussing this, you'd see just how silly it was for you to think he was afraid of these guys and that he couldn't beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        Floyd sure wasn't in a rush during that time

it took JMM putting PAC to sleep before he entertained the idea

if JMM didn't put PAC out, Floyd would have just stayed with his PED crusade
        come on Mak, thats what got Manny to the table, not the other way around. Manny had even said publicly he had nothing more to prove with JMM then reversed course and made the fight.

Yeah, Floyd tried to screw him on the money, so Manny made that choice rather than fight for $40 mil just because there was no PPV revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

SO guys fought each other when he was out. Happens all the time. If you want to elevate those guys to try and make Floyd look worse, fine.

hmmm....

i don't remember this happening with pernell, roy, tito, hearns, bhop, jt, marv, lennox, holy, oscar, mike spinks, duran, where the top dog conveniently decided to take a 2 year vacation, just when the division was heating up....

this is only a floyd thang....

Comment

For arguments sake lets say he was not the same after that KO

Well about 1 second before that KO the all conquering manny was stupid enough to jump inside with his hands down chin up

Floyd beat him with boxing skills not in a war just better skills it was pacs easiest fight physically for years at 147 Knockouts weaken punch resistance mostly it had no effect on that fight add the fact floyd was even faster in 2010 the result might have been even more clear for mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              hmmm....

i don't remember this happening with pernell, roy, tito, hearns, bhop, jt, marv, lennox, holy, oscar, mike spinks, duran, where the top dog conveniently decided to take a 2 year vacation, just when the division was heating up....

this is only a floyd thang....
              you mean when his hands were hurt and he retired. I guess you don't believe him.

when did Hagler and Hearns fight? hearns and benitez? hearns and duran? was that during ray leonard's retirement or after?
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hmmm. Kind of tired of even discussing these two. Aren't there other boxers out there??

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  come on Mak, thats what got Manny to the table, not the other way around. Manny had even said publicly he had nothing more to prove with JMM then reversed course and made the fight.

Yeah, Floyd tried to screw him on the money, so Manny made that choice rather than fight for $40 mil just because there was no PPV revenue.

i'm not gonna do 55 pages with you, Dunn...not gonna do it

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    Hmmm. Kind of tired of even discussing these two. Aren't there other boxers out there??
                    Same in all honesty I don't know why I bothered one is retired talkin of fighting a novice the other is on a world tour money grab fighting bums

Spence vs Brook can't happen soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      i'm not gonna do 55 pages with you, Dunn...not gonna do it
                      Yeah Me niether. I'm about to dip.

Comment

Working...
                      X