Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone give me a good reason the USA would rob Kova but not Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    The example I gave you was Breadman saying how he had Jacobs winning but why he thought Golovkin won "the event". I'm a Golovkin fan but I had Ward winning that fight. Think Breadman had Ward winning the fight and would have won "the event" anyway if it was close.

Ward done it to himself, before the inactivity he had the momentum, ratings were higher than Kovalev's have been. An active Ward will always be a higher draw than Kovalev, HBO are still banking on this.
    your first paragraph makes almost no sense to me

and to be honest, while i respect some boxing writers, i dont really care what they say...most of their opinions are no better than mine in my opinion

you dont lose a fight and win the "event" unless you put on a spectacular performance, beat your opponent up real good, an clearly beat a guy 8-3/9-3 etc and still lose a decision

if anything jacobs won the "event" in a loss...not golovkin winning the event.....winning the event is stealing the show in a loss......neither kovalev or golovkin won any event.....

Comment

Jacobs a nobody, Ward has friends. Jeff principe. Plus even in the first fight Ward created the nation friction.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Jacobs a nobody, Ward has friends. Jeff principe. Plus even in the first fight Ward created the nation friction.
        lol...that was a whole lot of nothing

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Different judges do different things, based on different circumstances

You can't generalise such things

I don't think the two fights are similar anyway. In the case of Ward/Kovalev, you literally have to concede everything to Ward to give him 114/113 to win. Thats suspicious in and of itself. Kovalev had a much better case for winning that fight

Golovkin/Jacobs is one of those fights you can score either way. I personally had Jacobs winning, but it is what it is. This was a much closer fight than Ward/Kovalev
          I dont think GGG v Jacobs was close but your assessment of Kov v Ward is spot on simply because the judges gave everything to Ward after a certain point and that is just plain wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I dont think GGG v Jacobs was close but your assessment of Kov v Ward is spot on simply because the judges gave everything to Ward after a certain point and that is just plain wrong.
            were not here to go over scoring for ward/kova for the 700th time......

whether or not you agree that the fights were similar or not is irrelevant.....there was a legit chance to rob golovkin had corruption been present.....but they didnt

so what would be the motive behind robbing kovalev? ward isnt anything big in boxing.......if there was an american bias they woud have stood to gain just as much by having the big EE superstar beaten by the american cancer survivor........but that didnt happen did it?

Comment

I though the decision in Ward's favor was a very poor decision but not quite bad enough to be called a robbery. I had Kovalev winning by 3 points and the judges had Ward winning by 1 point. I don't claim the judges deliberately robbed Kovalev. It could be they just did a poor job of scoring the fight. What difference does it make if the judges had a reason to favor Kovalev or not? The wrong guy got the win in my opinion and the opinion of the big majority of people who saw the fight according to the polls.

Comment

american wanted ward as p4p number 1, alhough even by awarding him the fight it hasnt happened. wards the golden boy.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I though the decision in Ward's favor was a very poor decision but not quite bad enough to be called a robbery. I had Kovalev winning by 3 points and the judges had Ward winning by 1 point. I don't claim the judges deliberately robbed Kovalev. It could be they just did a poor job of scoring the fight. What difference does it make if the judges had a reason to favor Kovalev or not? The wrong guy got the win in my opinion and the opinion of the big majority of people who saw the fight according to the polls.
                  its fair to say maybe the judges didnt see the fight the same way we saw it on tv....remember 3 judges standing at ringside from 3 different points of view.......its ok to say they saw it differently and maybe did a poor job

but to insist wards judges were homecooked and it was a blatant robbery is just fanboyism

theres nothing to be gained by awarding ward a decision...that couldnt be gained by awarding jacobs a decision

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    american wanted ward as p4p number 1, alhough even by awarding him the fight it hasnt happened. wards the golden boy.
                    your name implies you should definitley be taken seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      your name implies you should definitley be taken seriously
                      yep, bigdramashow, the one and only.

Comment

Working...
                      X