Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than Sterling. I don't know who the fook you are on about. A bunch of championship at best players? None would even make West Ham's starting XI.

It should speak volumes about English players in general if Chelsea's academy win absolutely looking everything and none can make the starting XI.

Now, I am one who advocates the use of our academy graduates but when you are expected to win everything at the top level(unlike liverpool)... getting academy kids into the first team is far and few chances between.

Plus a lot of problems with the academy kids is that they either lack skill or quite frankly athleticism.

McEachran? He can't ****ing run. He can't run 30 meters. He has no athleticism. He's skillful for days but can't run. Idk how in the world you can even be a professional footballer and not be able to run.

Players like Bridcutt, Bruma, Van Anholt, Borini. They could never usurp their predecessors. Ashley Cole, John Terry, Malouda etc. They just were never on the level.

Other cases like Gokhan Tore, he just isn't made for the Prem.

The one and only mistake I think was Bertrand but to be fair to Chelsea. Bertrand could never stay healthy. He was always injured with us, every single time he got a chance to play, new injury.

So please remind me of these Liverpool youngsters? Because the mofos they put out last game, wouldn't even start for Newcastle. Where as Chalobah and co. are really showing promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Is it likely? Is it ****ing likely? It's about as likely as the moon turning green laa. And speak for yourself, whenever i see the boy Josh play i'm expecting him to take on three players and put it in the top corner, after all this was once a wonderkid wanted by Real MafookingDrid was he not. Now he's a complete bum playing for bum fc in league BUM.

And no one's asking Chelsea to field a full homegrown side....but for fooks sake at least field ONE homegrown player from an academy which has had BILLIONS pumped into it.

I mean look at us, Sterling, Ibe, Smith, Flanagan etc etc. So many young stars get churned out from Melwood season in season out, we're a gift to the league we are. And now the next batch, Ejaria (better than Pogba was at his age), Woodburn (Owen BUT BETTER), Alexander Arnold(Cafu anyone?) Ryan Kent (reminds me of Robben) etc etc. Potential superstars in the making.

That's how it's done laa, you jelly? Oh yeah you jelly.
      Them Chelsea & Arsenal fans 'young talent' has a different meaning to ours mate.

It is understood that Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Tottenham and Crystal Palace are being investigated by the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4XHXIYQIW
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

• Do England have any good players?

Let's be honest.

Comment

• No. Not in the traditional sense. Good role players though.

Is Sturridge really gonna leave the reds this window? Rumor seems to be picking up steam.

Comment

• Sturridge is not real good enough for anyone in anyone in top 6. Or Everton. Or Leicester.

Comment

• Did Chelsea ever bring anyone through except Terry? jesus and after all the money they spent.. it's like they horde talented youngsters..

Not to develop or nurture them.. but to keep them from other clubs

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                Did Chelsea ever bring anyone through except Terry? jesus and after all the money they spent.. it's like they horde talented youngsters..

Not to develop or nurture them.. but to keep them from other clubs
                Tbh they're not quite good enough are they? Or they don't develop.

McEachran was a better player than Pogba at 17

Also your man Mourinho is responsible in large part for that. When he reeled of the youth players he played at Chelsea even I didn't know who they were.

Must have played them for about 2 minutes in a league cup or something.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    I'm interested, Spain vs NZ is on BBC3.

Going to watch USA very very closely.
                    Same as me. With all the money they have pumped into grassroots football USA are ****ing awful

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      No. Not in the traditional sense. Good role players though.

Is Sturridge really gonna leave the reds this window? Rumor seems to be picking up steam.
                      England should take a look at German grassroots football. They really should. Remember when Germany had the balls to drop ballack for orzil? England are to scared to drop big names for youth!

Comment

Working...
                      X