Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward's Return To HBO Averages 1.064 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 1 million is good considering that the NCAA tournament was on at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Over 1 million is good considering that the NCAA tournament was on at the same time.
      The Kansas-Nova game literally ended right when the fight started.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        That's the problem Ward will always have. He just isn't a crowd pleaser and never will be.

That's not because he's a boxer rather than a slugger or power a puncher. Some boxers can be very entertaining to watch. Ward isn't.
        Like Floyd. I was entertained by Ward-Barrera. Ward is a tough dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          I think it was amazing going up against March Madness, Batman vs Superman and the night before Easter.
          The odds were stacked against him, that is pretty good.

Comment

• This proved what many of us know. That Ward is one of the biggest draws in Boxing, he's such an entertaining fighter so this is no surprise that he is doing big numbers like this. This is great for Boxing and Ward deserves it.

Comment

• I don't get some of the people on this forum who seem pleased that a boxer doesn't draw. Whether it's GGG's PPV numbers or Ward's from last weekend, if you think they're low and you're happy about it, you're not a fan of the sport. The more people watch, the better. The more Ward builds his brand, the better. Love him or hate him. It builds the Kovalev fight and makes a matchup with GGG down the road much more of a possibility. You can root against a fighter, but when you root against ratings, you're rooting against the sport.

That said, I think the Ward #s are respectable and a good sign of things to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
                I don't get some of the people on this forum who seem pleased that a boxer doesn't draw. Whether it's GGG's PPV numbers or Ward's from last weekend, if you think they're low and you're happy about it, you're not a fan of the sport. The more people watch, the better. The more Ward builds his brand, the better. Love him or hate him. It builds the Kovalev fight and makes a matchup with GGG down the road much more of a possibility. You can root against a fighter, but when you root against ratings, you're rooting against the sport.

That said, I think the Ward #s are respectable and a good sign of things to come.
                Don't get why Ward doesn't have more fans, he's one of the best representatives of Boxing. He's an amazing fighter and a very classy guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                  Don't get why Ward doesn't have more fans, he's one of the best representatives of Boxing. He's an amazing fighter and a very classy guy.
                  Inactivity. I think he was doing just fine after the Dawson fight. Hopefully, his numbers keep going up. It seems to be beneficial to be a polarizing fighter. I think he's well on his way.

Comment

• Bad numbers for an american gold medalist who is supposed to be one of the best fighters pound for pound.

He actually lost viewers from his previous fights on HBO.

Funny to see that Kovalev draws more people than Ward. Jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      Bad numbers for an american gold medalist who is supposed to be one of the best fighters pound for pound.

He actually lost viewers from his previous fights on HBO.

Funny to see that Kovalev draws more people than Ward. Jeez.

I found a video about you last night.

Don't cry, willya ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X