Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who among these fighters should go into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who among these fighters should go into the Hall of Fame?

All the fighters in the poll are still active, but getting closer to retirement.

Who in the poll deserves to be voted into the HOF?

Some have been caught using PEDs. Should that make a difference?
    Shane Mosley
    9.15%
    Evander Holyfield
    11.82%
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    12.40%
    Wladimir Klitschko
    10.89%
    Erik Morales
    12.63%
    Antonio Tarver
    1.62%
    Roy Jones Jr
    11.70%
    Vitali Klitschko
    7.88%
    James Toney
    8.92%
    Bernard Hopkins
    12.98%

The poll is expired.

Of course being caught using PEDs should make a difference. It means they cheated at their chosen profession and illegally put another fighter's long-term health in danger. Any other global sport and they would be disgraced.

People would want to reward this criminal behaviour with a place in the HOF?

Comment

All of the fighters in the poll are age 36 or older.

Poll is up.

Comment

All, but Tarver cuts it close and the steroids don't help. He'll probably get over if he keeps broadcasting though.

Comment

all except Tarver, fuck him

Comment

Even though toney is one of my favorite fighters I just couldn't vote for him. The peds thing with roach left a sour note. He's still one of my favorites but that did chip away at him. I prefer to be a fan of the younger toney.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Of course being caught using PEDs should make a difference. It means they cheated at their chosen profession and illegally put another fighter's long-term health in danger.

People would want to reward this criminal behaviour with a place in the HOF?
              But what about James Toney, Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones?

What about Shane Mosley and Evan Fields?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                All the fighters in the poll are still active, but getting closer to retirement.

Who in the poll deserves to be voted into the HOF?

Some have been caught using PEDs. Should that make a difference?
                The Klitschkos should be the standard in my opinion. Anyone below them does not belong, and being equal or better gets you in.

Roy Jones has gotten his ass kicked so many times I think his HOF status he had in 2003 should be revoked. Part of being a great fighter is having marquee victories after the age of 34: Like Floyd and Wlad are doing now. Like Hopkins, Sugar Ray Robinson , Foreman and Lennox have done in the past.

Athleticism alone should not get you in the Hall of Fame. Once Roy lost his speed it was clear he couldnt box his way out of a paper bag. He is a great but he ruined his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  The Klitschkos should be the standard in my opinion. Anyone below them does not belong, and being equal or better gets you in.

Roy Jones has gotten his ass kicked so many times I think his HOF status he had in 2003 should be revoked. Part of being a great fighter is having marquee victories after the age of 34: Like Floyd and Wlad are doing now. Like Hopkins, Sugar Ray Robinson , Foreman and Lennox have done in the past.

Athleticism alone should not get you in the Hall of Fame. Once Roy lost his speed it was clear he couldnt box his way out of a paper bag. He is a great but he ruined his legacy.
                  Roy started getting whomped when he was shot
                  how does that count against him?
                  Johnson and Tarver II are losses that count
                  beyond that, Roy's other losses take nothing off him

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post

Part of being a great fighter is having marquee victories after the age of 34: Like Floyd and Wlad are doing now. Like Hopkins, Sugar Ray Robinson , Foreman and Lennox have done in the past.
                    So Marvin Hagler shouldn't be a hall of famer? Get the hell out with that bs man, that's literally one of the most ******ed things I've ever read on here.

Comment

Working...
                    X