Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Canelo Beats Golovkin Even Easier in Third Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Canelo Beats Golovkin Even Easier in Third Fight

Unbeaten prospect Ryan Garcia (16-0) was very impressed with Canelo Alvarez's performance against Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin on September 15th. Garcia was in the audience in Las Vegas to watch Alvarez capture the WBA and WBC middleweight titles with his majority decision victory in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The kid has a right to his opinion. However, an argument can be made (and a veryyyy popular argument that most media members, magazines, boxers, and the boxing community as a whole agree with) that Gennady won both fights. If he's hinting that age will be the deciding factor, then he may have a point. Also, one thing to consider is, ryan garcia is counting on Canelo's success, so they can remain on HBO, which is where his ONLY fan base exists.

Comment

Golovkin went to the body a few times early on in the fight but largely abandoned his body attack to focus on Alvarez's head. Garcia said that Canelo's superior speed was the main reason Golovkin avoided going downstairs.

"Canelo's speed is why. Canelo was always looking to counter him so he was afraid to go to his body. He didn't seem comfortable in there. Canelo speed and counters were too on point. He was sharp," Garcia explained.

I been saying it for 2 fights, fighters are saying it, Able Sanchez alluded to it when he threw GGG under bus after the fight...it's not a fluke that GGG refused to throw to the body he is doesn't because he's afraid to get countered. Canelo is too fast and too sharp a counter puncher. The moment GGG even thinks of throwing downstairs canelo counter will have already smashed his face. That's why he doesn't commit to the body he doesn't want to walk through that canelo return fire and take risks of getting knocked out. So he out there scared jabbing. Fighters and his own trainer telling you he's not throwing body shots because he's afraid what more do you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
        The kid has a right to his opinion. However, an argument can be made (and a veryyyy popular argument that most media members, magazines, boxers, and the boxing community as a whole agree with) that Gennady won both fights. If he's hinting that age will be the deciding factor, then he may have a point. Also, one thing to consider is, ryan garcia is counting on Canelo's success, so they can remain on HBO, which is where his ONLY fan base exists.
        That's a lie fighters overwhelming said canelo won the fight and not just Ryan take a list of the who's who in boxing that all agreed with Ryan.

And he is 100% correct on why GGG is scared to go to the body it's 2 fights in a row he landed just 8 the first fight everyone in the world saying that won't cut so he comes out and this time lands...even fewer just 6 body shots. LMAO
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-22-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Look at Canelo committing to the body landing vicious shots not worried about being countered because GGG too slow and canelo defense is good by the time slow GGG comes with the counter hook canelo hands too fast it's back up top blocking it from landing. But in reverse if GGG goes to the body Canelo's hook either gets there first or gets there in response EVERYTIME. GGG doesn't want to eat hooks uppercuts wide open because he dropping his hands going to the body. This is boxing 101 fellas.

Just look at that exchange ripped to the liver gets his counter hook picked off by canelo lands a nothing arm jab with nothing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            That's a lie fighters overwhelming said canelo won the fight and not just Ryan take a list of the who's who in boxing that all agreed with Ryan.

And he is 100% correct on why GGG is scared to go to the body it's 2 fights in a row he landed just 8 the first fight everyone in the world saying that won't cut so he comes out and this time lands...even fewer just 6 body shots. LMAO

LOL that list is bul****. Pretty sure theres more than 52 fighters in the sport. If I could be bothered I could drum up a list of 200 fighters that had it to Golovkin. ****ing propoganda

Comment

Ggg might lose a 3rd fight as when you've been on the wrong end of decisions it takes it out of you.
              If Nell wins 3rd easy people will say we told you Nell won the first two also.
              But Ggg didn't go to body as Nell always covers area as he knows if he took the body shots Ggg took hed gas out against ggg.
              Nel o knows his reputation for bad stamina and cement block feet would be exposed if he took body shots Ggg took

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                LOL that list is bul****. Pretty sure theres more than 52 fighters in the sport. If I could be bothered I could drum up a list of 200 fighters that had it to Golovkin. ****ing propoganda
                No you can't and we both know that. I stated my case and showed a real list of fighters saying GGG lost so either show me your list or hush. In the meantime why didn't GGG go to the body canelo crushed him down low had GGG scared bending over leaving his head exposed not knowing if the attacks were coming to his head or body

While canelo not worried about the body attack from GGG because he was too scared to throw it.

Comment

No you can't and we both know that. I stated my case and showed a real list of fighters saying GGG lost so either show me your list or hush. In the meantime why didn't GGG go to the body canelo crushed him down low had GGG scared bending over leaving his head exposed not knowing if the attacks were coming to his head or body

While canelo not worried about the body attack from GGG because he was too scared to throw it.
                  I'll agree with you on that. Thatll stick with him his whole life, obviously he was worried about the counter

Comment

what a dumb post, you do realise how many boxers there have been past and present, a list of 50 doesnt mean an awful lot, looks as if half of them listed are mexican aswell. and how many of them boxers do you reckon really watched that scoring it round by round

Comment

Working...
                    X