Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Explains Why He'd Want Spence Bout Over Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    Actually, TC vs the other garcia is a more interesting fight. They really have bad blood, and he beat TC in the amateurs.
    I love that too, and yet I don't think DSG wants anyone before Thurman! Hopefully Mikey can change his mind! Garcia vs. Garcia! Make it happen! TC can fight the winner!

Comment

The AB fight made me a Mikey fan. Still, this is b.s. This is the same ole song, many great brawlers have made to avoid elite "boxers". All these boxers can quit the b.s.

Boxing is a business, we get it. Don't act like you are fighting for the fans. You are fighting for you. For your financial security, for your legacy. No boxer is boxing for the fans. Fans would rather see Mikey-Crawford, and Lara-G, than Mikey-Lipinets, Crawford-Horn, Lara-Geisha, or G-Rubio. "Oh, the fans wouldn't like it, so I won't fight him" The most overused, blatant lie in boxing. No, you won't fight him because you would lose, because boxing is more than slugging.

Comment

Spence is overrated

Comment

Mikey's trolling now?!

This is the Hollywood side of boxing. Mikey know damn well Bud beat him straight up in the amateurs. Hell he the one that put most of the world on Bud in the first place. Using your reach and height advantage is not running, it's smart boxing. Anybody that watch Bud know ain't no running. I love you like a play cousin, Mikey, but Spence will make you **** yourself in the ring. Straight digging in them guts for 8 rounds and maybe sleep him 9 or 10.

Comment

Go on Mickey fight the weight bully , When Spence come in 175 fight night he's going to destroy your azz

Comment

Personally, I don't understand all the hate towards Mickey. I honestly believe that Mickey is trying to be great. Mickey has lost 2 years of his career due to promotional disputes, and doesn't have any high profile fight (in terms of legacy) between 135-140 outside of loma. Obviously he wants to get paid and is name dropping but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to fight spence. He's reached a crossroad in his career - he's 38-0, 4 division champion (yes not against A level champions), has yet to be in a highly competitive fight (people will bring out lipinets which was a 9-3,8-4 at best or how he "quit" against Salido after 4kd) but lacks a signature win. He knows he can stick around maybe grab a few belts at 35-40 and retire undefeated maybe even HOF but no real signature. I think he's not scared of the L as most current boxers are and knows if he beats spence that will enhance his legacy.

Regarding all the talk about getting destroyed by spence - it's a possibility due to a size gap and the fact that you can tell he's not even fully acclimated to 140. However, people underestimate him and styles make fights. I've been watching him for a long time now. For the naked eye Mickey looks basic with his 1-2 but that might just be the best 1-2 in the business. Mickey uses subtle movement which rarely takes him out of position to punch and is very composed and calculated. He likes when straight forward fighters jump on him. Yes he might get steamrolled, but being the shorter guy will enable him to cover his body better against spence and Mickey has a punch that might not carry to 147 but is enough to earn Spence's respect if he gets careless and jumps on him (remember it's not just about the power it's also the moment and lunging in enhance the effect of the punch). This fight might be a lot more competitive than people realize and Mickey is very accurate. If he manage to hide his body and counter well it might be a very good fight. Spence got the goods and I was impressed by him from his first round fight in the olympics but he can be frustrated (watch the early going of the brook fight - kell was outboxing him through the first 4-5 rounds).

Now TC is a different cat - he has a lot of tools, and will probably force Mickey to hunt him down which will make Mickey punch out of position and get frustrated and he actually admits it. Loma might do the same and really outbox him but he will have to be very careful not to get tagged.

Thurman can also frustrate him by boxing circles and he packs a punch so in terms of styles it might be his best option to get his signature win which will earn him a lot more respect than a loma win (people will say he's bigger and he might be the underdog).
              Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Translation "Crawford is going to outbox the shiet out of me"

But he is wrong. Crawford is going to walk him down, and beat the living hell out of this little man. Mismatch.
                Not sure if he is wrong. Because as he said Crawford did it in the amateurs to him. So they were same size at one point. Crawford 5-8 Garcia 5-7 not that far off. Mikey playing catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I love that too, and yet I don't think DSG wants anyone before Thurman! Hopefully Mikey can change his mind! Garcia vs. Garcia! Make it happen! TC can fight the winner!
                  DG may want Thurman, but at best that fight is no closer than a year away, and that's if thurman remains active.

He's got his tuneup, then Porter as his mandatory, then the Spence fight is a big fight option for Keith. If Danny believes in his abilities, he'd be a fool to sit around waiting for Thurman.

Like you, I think Garcia doesn't believe he beats Spence or Bud, so he may fight bums and wait on Thurman.

Comment

I concur with Mikey’s analogy, reasoning, purpose & route to greatness. He thinks he’ll use his superior ring intelligence over Spence to a decision bcuz Bud has natural ring intelligence+Power+size advantage.but Spence cuts off ring too when Mikey wants to run. He’ll track Mikey down. It won’t be pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      IBF junior welterweight world champion Mikey Garcia (38-0, 30 KOs) is going big game hunting. Earlier this month, Garcia became a four division world champion when he won a twelve round unanimous decision over Sergey Lipinets in San Antonio, Texas. Garcia, who still holds the WBC lightweight title, is mulling his next career move.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      I honestly think Mikey fears Crawford because he lost to him in the amateurs, just like Mosley had fear Vernon Forest for the same reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X