Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe UFC and Dana White will buy out PBC from Haymon and create own belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe UFC and Dana White will buy out PBC from Haymon and create own belt

This is what i think will happen, Dana White had nothing but praise for Al Haymon and said the man was brilliant and easy to negotiate with, white and zuffa will act as the lead promoters and buy out pbc, and fighters contracts,they will create their own belt the pbc belt and force the best to fight the best they will build up amateurs into house hold names just like how ufc built up nobodies into stars in ufc

This is going to help them land a massive tv deal, ufc is looking for a super huge tv deal after the fox deal is up, not only will they have ufc to offer they will have boxing and pbc, its the best move dana can make to get into boxing. He will have all the haymon fighters under his banner.

Dana doesnt need stars he will create them, that guy is the best hype man, look how he did for ronda rousey.

Look for dana white to go after manny pacquiao in december when his contract expires
    Last edited by hectari; 11-11-2017, 12:58 PM.

Yes, I believe Republican, Trump voter Al Haymon will have no choice but to abandon fast sinking ship PBC as soon as possible. The way he depends on other promoters to foot the bill for whole boxing events, including his fighter's pay, is just not sustainable and he will have no choice but to sell PBC to next bidder, which may as well be Dana and the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
      Yes, I believe Republican, Trump voter Al Haymon will have no choice but to abandon fast sinking ship PBC as soon as possible. The way he depends on other promoters to foot the bill for whole boxing events, including his fighter's pay, is just not sustainable and he will have no choice but to sell PBC to next bidder, which may as well be Dana and the UFC.
      Yup, pbc hasnt landed a exclusive tv deal and probably wont, its been so long shopping pbc around investing his investors money into time slots hoping one tv network offers him a long term deal, dana white will convince ufc to buy him out or make a deal where he still gets a cut as a partner.

Comment

I'm a big Dana White hater and would never buy a PPV he puts on and would only tune into one of his events if a fighter I follow closely was in it. But if he brought a bunch of his UFC fanboys over to the boxing world it would probably be good for the sport overall I guess.

Comment

UFC wont even make an offer unless they can guarantee that the boxers will stay which they wont. The boxers have a "advisory" agreement with haymon nothing else.

I think most that signed with haymon signed knowing that it was a risk and was the money grab move FOR NOW and why not go that route since the only agreement you have is a "advisory" agreement so its not like your locked down to the ship in case it starts sinking.

UFC will be better suited to just get their boxing promotions license (if they dotn have one yet) and leverage their UFC fighters against boxers to get their foot in the door build up hype and use that to sign some fighters.

Imagine how many fighters he can get to sign if he dangles a Conor fight in front of them, just the way Bob Arum signed fighters when he dangled Manny Pacquaio in front of them. Its a simple concept that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            I'm a big Dana White hater and would never buy a PPV he puts on and would only tune into one of his events if a fighter I follow closely was in it. But if he brought a bunch of his UFC fanboys over to the boxing world it would probably be good for the sport overall I guess.
            Wlads fist is huge lol imagine getting hit with that full blast

Comment

I think DW and the UFC will be terrible for boxing.
              I hope it never happens I would rather see Haymon and ODLH reconcile

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Wlads fist is huge lol imagine getting hit with that full blast

Haha for sure! Mike Ness is a pretty normal-sized guy and his fist looks so small compared to Wlad's!!

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  UFC wont even make an offer unless they can guarantee that the boxers will stay which they wont. The boxers have a "advisory" agreement with haymon nothing else.

I think most that signed with haymon signed knowing that it was a risk and was the money grab move FOR NOW and why not go that route since the only agreement you have is a "advisory" agreement so its not like your locked down to the ship in case it starts sinking.

UFC will be better suited to just get their boxing promotions license (if they dotn have one yet) and leverage their UFC fighters against boxers to get their foot in the door build up hype and use that to sign some fighters.

Imagine how many fighters he can get to sign if he dangles a Conor fight in front of them, just the way Bob Arum signed fighters when he dangled Manny Pacquaio in front of them. Its a simple concept that works.

The idea of Dana White dangling a fight with Conor in front of boxers to leverage them is so disgusting lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Dana doesnt need stars he will create them, that guy is the best hype man, look how he did for ronda rousey.
                    He didn't do anything for Ronda Rousey. Dana White didn't even want women fighting in the UFC. He only picked Ronda when she already had a lot of hype behind her in Strikeforce. They didn't really do anything special to promote her, they just gave her a platform and all the American soccer moms and feminists followed her. Ronda was more of a creation of American media than the UFC.

Conor McGregor pretty much created himself too.

Before Conor and Ronda the UFC had zero stars in 2014. Just like they don't have any new stars right now.

The reason why UFC is popular is because they sold the fans the notion that those are the best fighters in the world fighting each other. He wouldn't be able to sell that in boxing if he staged some in-house PBC tournaments with fake belts when you would have Joshua, Canelo, Loma etc. fighting elsewhere.
                    Last edited by RedZmaja; 11-11-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X