No announcement yet.

Why is the San Juan, PR Mayor So Classless and Divisive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Or Puerto Rico like Jamaica is too foolish to able to monetize their beautiful islands.. how come Japan can and they don't have the beautiful tropic scenery

And how that mayor get those t-shirts printed? Google it and get back to me
    Look at the industries that Japan has. First World nations were built of manufacturing. No nation will reach first world status off below minimum wage jobs. A better example to compare islands to is Singapore. That's a very successful little island.

Drop me a link to that t-shirt article.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Look at the industries that Japan has. First World nations were built of manufacturing. No nation will reach first world status off below minimum wage jobs. A better example to compare islands to is Singapore. That's a very successful little island.

Drop me a link to that t-shirt article.
      What about Greenland and Iceland?

How come Cuba was a huge economic center before the castor regime?

Why can't Jamaica have any manufacturing?

Here is the **** with the t-shirts "dying but I can make t-shirts and be on CNN, and blame trump for a natural disaster and my country being poor"
      http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...irt-during-cnn

Comment

Here is the **** with the t-shirts "dying but I can make t-shirts and be on CNN, and blame trump for a natural disaster and my country being poor"
        Link for that Cuba reference, I would like to read up on that.

What's going on in Greenland and Iceland?

Comment

They are island nations that aren't 3rd world, why can't Jamaica be like them.

Go read up on Cuba pre-Castro. They had one of the top economies in the world with a booming tourist business and agriculture.
          Of course leftists think thats unfair and inequal, so they destroyed the whole thing, now everyone equally lives in poverty, except for the leftist leaders of course who live in mansions..

Gotta love leftist politics and its followers... everyone is equal in poverty, except the leaders who live in mansions.

Do Jamaican leaders live in mansions?

Comment

I
            So the mayor was crafting the major legislation?

There is a legislature in PR. They have house members and senates that craft the policies.
            Historically mayors used to be minor political figures in the Puerto Rican landscape as the executive branch of the government of Puerto Rico exerted an overarching authority over the municipalities.[7][8] However, in recent years, the executive branch has adopted a decentralized form of government and started to focus on statewide politics rather than on local or regional ones.[7][8] These policies have granted a high degree of autonomy to its municipalities and their mayors,[7][9] and has allowed certain highly populated municipalities with robust local economies. such as Caguas[10] and San Juan[11]— to prosper and exercise a high degree of autonomy. —these policies have made mayors highly influential on the local, regional, and statewide economy of Puerto Rico, as well as in its politics and society.[14] An example of this would be the Willie Tax which was implemented independently in Caguas by its former mayor, William Miranda Marín.[15][16]The tax was subsequently adopted by other municipalities and eventually evolved into the statewide sales tax known as the Puerto Rico Sales and Use Tax (IVU).[17][18]
            Mayors in Puerto Rico organize, direct, and supervise all the administrative activities of the municipality including authorize fund disbursements received by the municipality. It has also become increasingly common to involve and discuss political matters with the mayors, their assemblies, and the organizations to which they belong to, before implementing public policies, and approving or vetoing bills.[22][23] Both the mayors and the central government of Puerto Rico, including the Governor and the Legislative Assembly, have been able to work in unison and symbiotically to up bring Puerto Rico and its municipalities.[9][22][24]
            Last edited by maracho; 10-02-2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Go google "Cuba pre Castro "

How can Greenland and Iceland have stabilized communities with very little poverty, and Jamaica can't?

How did the San Juan mayor have time to make t-shirts?

Comment

They are island nations that aren't 3rd world, why can't Jamaica be like them.

Go read up on Cuba pre-Castro. They had one of the top economies in the world with a booming tourist business and agriculture.
                Of course leftists think thats unfair and inequal, so they destroyed the whole thing, now everyone equally lives in poverty, except for the leftist leaders of course who live in mansions..

Gotta love leftist politics and its followers... everyone is equal in poverty, except the leaders who live in mansions.

Do Jamaican leaders live in mansions?
                Pre-Castro Cuba and Jamaica at the same time was the same thing. A few rich families had all the wealth. The few decent schools had their kids. The poor class was still poor as they are today.

There are a good amount of "mansions" in Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
                  I

Historically mayors used to be minor political figures in the Puerto Rican landscape as the executive branch of the government of Puerto Rico exerted an overarching authority over the municipalities.[7][8] However, in recent years, the executive branch has adopted a decentralized form of government and started to focus on statewide politics rather than on local or regional ones.[7][8] These policies have granted a high degree of autonomy to its municipalities and their mayors,[7][9] and has allowed certain highly populated municipalities with robust local economies. such as Caguas[10] and San Juan[11]— to prosper and exercise a high degree of autonomy. —these policies have made mayors highly influential on the local, regional, and statewide economy of Puerto Rico, as well as in its politics and society.[14] An example of this would be the Willie Tax which was implemented independently in Caguas by its former mayor, William Miranda Marín.[15][16]The tax was subsequently adopted by other municipalities and eventually evolved into the statewide sales tax known as the Puerto Rico Sales and Use Tax (IVU).[17][18]
                  Mayors in Puerto Rico organize, direct, and supervise all the administrative activities of the municipality including authorize fund disbursements received by the municipality. It has also become increasingly common to involve and discuss political matters with the mayors, their assemblies, and the organizations to which they belong to, before implementing public policies, and approving or vetoing bills.[22][23] Both the mayors and the central government of Puerto Rico, including the Governor and the Legislative Assembly, have been able to work in unison and symbiotically to up bring Puerto Rico and its municipalities.[9][22][24]
                  Gotcha. Can you find any articles telling us the effect this mayor had on the policies that bankrupted Puerto Rico?

Comment

Go google "Cuba pre Castro "

How can Greenland and Iceland have stabilized communities with very little poverty, and Jamaica can't?

How did the San Juan mayor have time to make t-shirts?
                    Share an article on Greenland and Iceland?

The shirts I don't know when she got time to print them. How do you think she printed them?

Comment

I see that Greenland was a member of the EU and is currently a territory of the EU. It was control by Denmark and is still partial monitored by Denmark.

Ali, you know how to pick these first-world territories and then compare them to islands with a history of poverty and colonialism.

Comment

Working...
                      X