Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do posters continue this myth Castillo was robbed with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    Castillo won.

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    Agree totally
    Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    castillo won the first....except on the scorecards....that's no myth....

that's highway robbery.....

a robbery needs a police report....not a scorecard ha ha ha ha
    Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
    Jose Luis "El Temible" Castillo clearly beat Floyd Mayweather, their is no shame in that, Castillo is an all time great a future hall of famer he was a Monster in those days, Floyd learned alot from that loss and became a great fighter and had a great career.

Most people in general view that fight as a Victory for Castillo over Floyd.
    Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    Not a robbery but a close fight that should have gone to Castillo.
    Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
    only fanboys and idiots think maywearher won against castillo on their first fight.
    Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
    lol, you acting like it's a relevant topic of conversation (on a night of other fights). But since you brought it up, Castillo won. I'm sure you can find my scorecard in my post history if you really care enough...
    not one damn round by round scorecard....not 1

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Why do posters still talk about this old ass fight? Plus Floyd's been retired for 19 months. Are there no new topics you guys like discussing?
      Remember, nobody cares about Floyd anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        not one damn round by round scorecard....not 1
        So you want me to give you a scorecard of a fight 14 years ago or expect people to watch the fight so they can give you a scorecard?

You asked a question "Why do poster continue this myth Castillo was robbed with Mayweather" and everyone answered. Your question in the title and your question in the OP are 2 different things you are asking for.

Start the thread "Can you give me your Castillo-Mayweather 1 scorecard" and people will give you a proper response accordingly.

Common sense 101.
        Last edited by Raonic; 04-22-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          So you want me to give you a scorecard of a fight 14 years ago or expect people to watch the fight so they can give you a scorecard?

You asked a question "Why do poster continue this myth Castillo was robbed with Mayweather" and everyone answered. Your question in the title and your question in the OP are 2 different things you are asking for.

Start the thread "Can you give me your Castillo-Mayweather 1 scorecard" and people will give you a proper response accordingly.

Common sense 101.
          read the opening post son...thats literally what i said

Comment

full fight.SCORE IT ROUND BY ROUND PLEASE.....DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SCORE THE FIGHT

ROUND 1-MAYWEATHER-10-9
            ROUND2-MAYWEATHER -10-9
            ROUND 3-MAYWEATHER-10-9
            ROUND 4-MAYWEATHER-10-9
            ROUND 5-MAYWEATHER-10-9
            ROUND 6 CASTILLO-10-9
            ROUND 7 CASTILLO 10-9
            ROUND 8 MAYWEATHER-10-8
            ROUND 9 MAYWEATHER-10-9
            ROUND 10 9-9
            ROUND 11-CASTILLO 10-9
            ROUND 12 CASTILLO 10-9

MY FINAL SCORE 115-111 MAYWEATHER

Larry my bro why do you keep making troll threads? Mayweather is retired let it be.

Comment

Oh I don't know.....

Maybe something to do with the fact he landed almost 3 times as many punches maybe ?

Comment

read the opening post son...thats literally what i said
                You missed the point badly. You asked a question in the title and poeple answered. Not everyone reads the OP but people usually assume the poster who created the thread will create a title and have an OP that ties in together.

You failed at doing that by asking for 2 different things. Like I said, go create a thread "Give me your scorecard for hte MAyweather-Castillo fight" and you'll get the answer you want or people won't post if they don't want to.

I guess that's my fault and I'll make sure to read your OP next time though since you don't seem to know how to properly title your threads.
                Last edited by Raonic; 04-22-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

still not 1 damn scorecard...just people repeating what they head

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    Oh I don't know.....

Maybe something to do with the fact he landed almost 3 times as many punches maybe ?
                    fights are scored by rounds son..lets see your round by round card

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      This is also a myth. The second fight was also close, just easier to score. It was 8-4 at best for Floyd, that is not a schooling, and I hate it when people say it was. In fact if you observe both fights closely, Castillo is the one fighter that Floyd actually never figured out, in the second fight he just moved more and that allowed him to eek out a bit more breathing room.

He never figured out Castillo's rhythm, and was not able to consistently time him like he eventually does with other fighters. He wasn't able to predict what shots Castillo was going to throw and this meant that he couldn't stay in the pocket like he can with other fighters, that is why he reverted to his legs in the 2nd fight, note that early on Floyd was still getting hit with the same stuff as in the first fight.

What I will say about Mayweather is that he had great legs and was able to fight on the move for 12 rounds if required, which is very difficult and just another thing to add to his incredible arsenal.

But there was something about the way Castillo moved, brought pressure, and a lack of tell on his punches which Floyd could not figure out or get comfortable with.
                      I see it another way. Castillo was the first fighter who came intentionally to fight dirty. Oscar and Maidana tried to copy that strategy. Castillo was punching him on the hips and doing all kinds dirty things to him like holding and hitting. People gave Castillo too much credit. Also, in the Oscar fight, Jim Lampley was outright saying Oscar should fight dirty. It was sickening.

In second fight versus Castillo, Floyd tried to keep his distance, and that's what frustrated Castillo, because at a distance he couldn't get to fight dirty. Floyd did same against Maidana in the second fight. When you meet a dirty fighter, fight at a distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X