Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
    Canelo honestly does not need him at all.
    I don't know about that.

I think the longer he holds that MW title, more and more people are going to be on his back about that fight and grow restless with him fighting welterweights at 155. It's not like Canelo is a star on the level of Mayweather who could earn $30m for fighting Berto. Canelo still has a way to go before he reaches anywhere even close to that level of stardom and demand that money. The only way he's going to be in the position to where he doesn't "need" anybody is by proving himself beating the likes of GGG. Don't forget Floyd actually took fights like Diego Corrales on the way up to prove he was the real thing and jumped up in weight to fight the likes of De La Hoya. He even fought Canelo when most said he never would, he didn't NEED Canelo. He already proved himself to the point where he didn't "need" anybody anymore. Canelo hasn't done that, not even close.

He's not the megastar people think. The media and the likes of HBO are desperate for one, but he isn't it. He still needs the likes of GGG to prove he is the real deal. He was schooled in the Floyd fight to the point where nobody will accept him as the real deal until he fights a guy like GGG who people consider as one of the other best fighters in the world today.

Comment

• Because if GGG is handed the title , it proves Canelo is scared ****less of him and he would lose all credibility. GGG is his mandatory he has to fight him or gtfo of the division running scared.

Comment

• Larry stop being so insecure

Comment

• There's a very thin line between being the protected darling of a nation and milking it too far and being dumped by them.

Canelo is on the road to being another Chavez Jr. As soon a something better comes along he will get dumped by his fanbase.

Golovkin-Canelo was the most obvious fight in boxing. Canelo is 2 pounds heavier in the ring. Fighters don't get any closer in natural weight. They are both middleweight titlists. Lemeiux (also a DLH fighter) just fought Golovkin, the business side was sorted out.

Then he pulls out a 155 pound catchweight. No excuses for that. Just strip him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            none of those guys have a better recent MW resume than GGG. Golovkins MW resume isnt great, buts its better than the rest. Add into that that he isnt really struggling at all in his fights and the fact that GGG is the clear no.1 mw isnt really even a question. Unless you are biased
            biased towards what? The facts

He is the number one contender to the lineal title....nothing more or less...you have to earn the title, not be handed it

He didnt even fight anyone to be wba super champion thats cheap and lame and dont understand why some are acting like he is doing something special

we get it...he knocks out overmatched opponents...he beats people he is supposed too...what else can he do?

How can toy be number 1 at a weight and never beat the number 1 guy

Lineage at 160 is simple and all these fighters held the wbc when the belts started to splinter....Canelo beat Cotto who beat Martinez who beat pavlik who beat taylor who beat Hopkins who beat all the titleholders of his era to unify the belt

championships are earned not popularity contests

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
              Being the mandatory is leverage to getting this fight signed. I don't understand what the problem is. Canelo is going to be the biggest money fight he'll ever have and it'll be against a top 10 fighter if it can get made.
              You think a GGG fight would be bigger than Canelo/Mayweather or Canelo/Cotto money wise for the ginger? I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                You think a GGG fight would be bigger than Canelo/Mayweather or Canelo/Cotto money wise for the ginger? I don't.
                It definitely won't generate anywhere near those two fights, but Canelo might walk away with something similar in profits as he has all the leverage in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  biased towards what? The facts

He is the number one contender to the lineal title....nothing more or less...you have to earn the title, not be handed it

He didnt even fight anyone to be wba super champion thats cheap and lame and dont understand why some are acting like he is doing something special

we get it...he knocks out overmatched opponents...he beats people he is supposed too...what else can he do?

How can toy be number 1 at a weight and never beat the number 1 guy

Lineage at 160 is simple and all these fighters held the wbc when the belts started to splinter....Canelo beat Cotto who beat Martinez who beat pavlik who beat taylor who beat Hopkins who beat all the titleholders of his era to unify the belt

championships are earned not popularity contests
                  Stop putting so much value in a bull**** title.

I love the idea of a lineal title, but in some cases, like MW or LHW, the title gets devalued to the point where it doesnt mean anything anymore. Personally i consider both championships (note: not lineal, real championships) now to be vacant.

Golovkin is the best MW in the world, with the best resume. He currently campaigns in Canelo's division, on the same network, and is signed to a promoter who is on good terms with Canelo's. He's also Canelos most lucrative option financially.

If Canelo doesnt fight him, its a duck. Simples. He would be making a business decision based on the premise that he would likely lose the fight. If he was confident of winning he would take the fight.

For the record, I think Canelo does better than expected vs GGG, even if he does end up losing.
                  Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-24-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Stop putting so much value in a bull**** title.

I love the idea of a lineal title, but in some cases, like MW or LHW, the title gets devalued to the point where it doesnt mean anything anymore. Personally i consider both championships (note: not lineal, real championships) now to be vacant.

Golovkin is the best MW in the world, with the best resume. He currently campaigns in Canelo's division, on the same network, and is signed to a promoter who is on good terms with Canelo's. He's also Canelos most lucrative option financially.

If Canelo doesnt fight him, its a duck. Simples. He would be making a business decision based on the premise that he would likely lose the fight. If he was confident of winning he would take the fight.

For the record, I think Canelo does better than expected vs GGG, even if he does end up losing.
                    thats the problem with some of you.....you devalue the most important prize in boxing...the man who beat the man...because a fighter you love doesnt have it

tough tittie fan boy

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      thats the problem with some of you.....you devalue the most important prize in boxing...the man who beat the man...because a fighter you love doesnt have it

tough tittie fan boy
                      No. I devalue a 'title' that isn't being defended against the best challengers.

When the title is being defended against average WW's like Khan, and not the clear 'challenger' (i use that term very loosely as GGG is a much more proven MW than Canelo) then the title stops being meaningful.

Comment

Working...
                      X