Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nietes' Trainer: No Palicte Rematch, We Want The Best at 115

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nietes' Trainer: No Palicte Rematch, We Want The Best at 115

Exactly one week prior to the big PPV event headlined by Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo' Alvarez, another important card was broadcasted on HBO featuring elite 115 pounders. Part of the actions on SuperFly 3' featured former three-division world champion Donnie Nietes against young contender Aston Palicte in a bout for the vacant WBO belt at super flyweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Considering Donnie wanted Juan Francisco Estrada next -- that fought on the same card the night Donnie was denied the WBO 115 title, maybe Team Nietes and Estrada or HBO should think about compensating Aston with some step aside bread and a promise of getting the next opportunity in another 'Superfly' event.

Donnie Nietes vs. Juan Francisco Estrada should be on 'Superfly IV'.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Considering Donnie wanted Juan Francisco Estrada next -- that fought on the same card the night Donnie was denied the WBO 115 title, maybe Team Nietes and Estrada or HBO should think about compensating Aston with some step aside bread and a promise of getting the next opportunity in another 'Superfly' event.

Donnie Nietes vs. Juan Francisco Estrada should be on 'Superfly IV'.
      There should be a wbc eliminator for nietes-estrada and palicte still gets a shot at the belt although this time against ioka. Palicte may not deserve to get a draw but it's not like nietes has an easy time with him. I actually gave palicte some of the early rounds since nietes was having trouble getting in and sometimes getting caught going outside.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanBag View Post
        There should be a wbc eliminator for nietes-estrada and palicte still gets a shot at the belt although this time against ioka. Palicte may not deserve to get a draw but it's not like nietes has an easy time with him. I actually gave palicte some of the early rounds since nietes was having trouble getting in and sometimes getting caught going outside.
        Yes some of the early rounds between Nietes vs. Palicte were a bit closer. Kazuto Ioka vs. Aston Palicte does sound fun, I have not thought about that possible match-up -- not too sure Kazuto like Nietes at this stage of his career would want to face a young kid. I'm guessing the target/goal would be the established names in the 115 division ; however Ioka getting his hands on the WBO could facilitate such goals, so that might entice Kazuto if the WBO affords him the opportunity.

Estrada has had a tough road at 115 since stepping up : Cuadras, Rungivsai, Orucuta and now a potential rematch with Sirsacet or Donnie Nietes -- hopefully at 'Superfly IV'. Looking forward to developments.

Comment

Robert Hoyle should not be allowed to judge anymore.

Comment

Nietes got robbed for his 4th division.

Comment

...I feel Nietes got robbed, and deserved the decision. Palicte was very good too, but Nietes was great!!

Comment

palicte was great, but it wasnt a debatable decision. wasnt nietes best, and palicte was ON him man! but it was a clear win for ahas. phuc the judges.

Comment

anyone wanna see nietes-estrada?

Comment

Still one of my favorite fighters. He sure did let some rounds slip away, but he did deserve that decision. At least his yearly tie is out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X