Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BackToTheJab View Post
    Canelo walked GGG down. But he was being jabbed to death while landing his body shots. You can edge those rounds to him but once GGG started to vary his shots and go to the body as well it was hard to see Canelo rounds. Maybe Golovkin didn't win tonight but I don't see him as a loser either. He didn't get the rub of the green in both fights.
    Not sure you can say rounds where you are being tattered with hits while landing a pretty shot is a round you won. No disrespect but I think that's part of the problem with how fans score fights here. The winner of the round is who does the most damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      7 rounds to 5 Canelo, don’t worry they’ll be gone soon or jump to Loma or Usyk till Mikey and AJ/Wilder get ahold of them two!

Canelo was the more efficient fighter and landed more damaging blows but give GGG credit, there was times that looked like Canelo was gonna drop him with a body shot but GGG soldier’ed on and came back in the mid late rounds!

I think GGG has the most damaging shot in the fight but Canelo had more of them especially to the body!

No excuse, Canelo in his 2nd fight at 160 beat the best at 160 while coming from a year layoff and being the underdog!

Canelo is p4p #4 behind Crawford, Loma, and Usyk IMO!

I have him #3, but good post man !!

Comment

• There are hungry young lions out there for canelo if no third fight happens......jacobs,charlo.derivychencko,saunders are all hungry so its going to be an interseting ride for canelo and if he go's for a saunders fight then he could easly lose a decision.i wonder if there is a rematch clause in place for golovkin....we will see one thing i will say is these two fighters are so evenly matched and it was shown tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          He surprised me by slipping punches which is something he hadn't done much in recent years. I could've lived with a draw, he was clearly trying to walk him into something which was the wrong game plan. He started the fight well and then kept trying to time the hook, never came.
          Canelo made GGG hesitate with the hard counters early so GGG couldn't find his range kinda how Floyd would do fighters and have them wiry of throwing a lot of punches due to his reaction time which was much better from Canelo tonight with the quick sharp counters if u miss u must pay GGG also clearly getting older now imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            It's easy to come forward when your reflexes are twice as fast as your opponent because you waited until they were 36 years old to fight him. GGG tried to come forward a few times but Canelo slipped his slow punches and then countered with bullets. It boggles my mind how all you idiots out there cannot see you are being manipulated based on when these fights take place. If they wait until a fighter 33 or older, that's a declining fighter. 36 isn't a declining fighter, it's a complete joke. You guys are being fed the performance of a 36 year old and being told that has something to do with how good he was when he was in his prime, but it has nothing to do with it.
            Bhop, Pacquiao, foreman, marquez would dispute your argument.

Comment

• Great fight respect to both men, Canelo 115-113 was spot on but all fight fans will now respect both fighters regardless, what warriors.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                I’ve always thought the way to fight GGG was the way Canelo fought tonight. Because I didn’t think GGG could fight going backwards. I was wrong. GGG fought very well. But it was unnatural for him and he got very tired. And personally, I think that’s what kept Canelo upright in the final rounds. Because he was tired when GGG caught his second win.
                People think the guy is one dimensional because he's not flashy but that subtlety is not pleasing to the eye for them. They like what they like, Golovkin's weakness was always going to be to the body but its hard to commit to that when bombs are flying back.

Comment

• After this, I don`t see Canelo beating other 160 top dogs in division. GGG is 36 years old. I don`t think Canelo beats Jacobs and Saunders.

Comment

• Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                    Man - I was saying the same thing throughout the whole fight. Tactical instructions aside, the one thing he needed to do was tell GGG to throw his shots with authority... Canelo threw every shot with bad intentions, but tight enough not to be wild, but GGG seemed content with just touching Canelo, and sitting down on his shots only few and far between. Able kept saying he was fine with that.
                    "Come On, Go For The Knockout"

Also told GGG himself they was Losing the fight! He is AWFUL and this is months after Gassiev got completely schooled by Usyk and in that fight he had ZERO Suggestions for Gassiev as well

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X