No announcement yet.

Is this a good training plan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
    I would keep doing what your doing it sounds like you have a dedicated program.
    Alright cheers👍

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammed Aziz View Post
      I am 17, started a few months ago 🙂
      Ah, that's pretty good then. I only started at 17 and knuckled down at 18. Keep going.

Comment

-Monday: Boxing 2hrs
        -Tuesday: Boxing 2hrs
        -Wednesday: Rest
        -Thursday: Run 3 miles + Boxing 2hrs
        -Friday: HIIT
        -Saturday: Weights + Run 5 miles
        -Sunday: Calisthenics + HIIT

Is this good? What changes would you do? Only 3 boxing classes a week...
        This seems like a good training regimen for a beginner, however, are you currently doing any sparring? Including sparring into your weekly routine is essential if you eventually intend on fighting. Training footwork, shadow boxing, on pads and heavy bags is great, however, it's important for you to partake in light/heavy sparring to apply what you're learning in theory. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
          This seems like a good training regimen for a beginner, however, are you currently doing any sparring? Including sparring into your weekly routine is essential if you eventually intend on fighting. Training footwork, shadow boxing, on pads and heavy bags is great, however, it's important for you to partake in light/heavy sparring to apply what you're learning in theory. Best of luck!
          I asked my trainer when I can spar, he told me in a few weeks, I still need to work on offense and defense.
          Thanks!

Comment

I asked my trainer when I can spar, he told me in a few weeks, I still need to work on offense and defense.
            Thanks!
            That makes sense if you've started recently. Don't worry - as soon as your trainer feels you're ready (generally 2-3 months into regular training - can be more, can be less) just make sure to spar *at least* once a week. It'll make you realise how much physical preparation is required to step into a ring. All the best!

Comment

Add in a recovery run Monday (run a minimum of 3 miles and a minimum time of 30 minutes, keep a slow consistent pace, should be a nice jog), and add in some sprints or tempo runs on Tuesdays at least 6 hrs apart from the time you'll be boxing and then you'll have a pretty good training regime.

Comment

you should be running most days of the week, a good way to fit it in is to schedule your runs for very early morning, and then get a couple hours sleep before you get up again for the day

Comment

Alright cheers👍
                  How are things going?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    How are things going?
                    Some people never come back to the forum lol. There was a guy last week who wanted to be a boxer and made a thread asking people to come up with names even though he had no experience of the sport. I hope he wasn't bullied out of boxing over the internet. Waiting for him to return to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
                      Some people never come back to the forum lol. There was a guy last week who wanted to be a boxer and made a thread asking people to come up with names even though he had no experience of the sport. I hope he wasn't bullied out of boxing over the internet. Waiting for him to return to the forum.
                      Yeah, I think some people easily lose hope and run off. Means they really werent meant for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X