Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say you could pick Broner a new trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say you could pick Broner a new trainer?

In a way this is all fantasy boxing spiel but say you could pick a trainer to turn this guy, into well something else.
    I'll start with Teddy Atlas. Man oh man could that guy summon the fire where certain fighters couldn't do it themselves. Some say he's overrated, a bit rudimentary, but you know what? That's exactly what Broner needs. Conventional wisdom says Teddy would never train a showboat clown like him. But he's definitely a guy who likes the longshot. Could he make Broner a World Champion again? Could Broner divest from his circus lifestyle and dedicate himself to Atlas' rules?
    Robert Garcia. Wasn't it after one of his fighters lost to Maidana that they recruited him under their gym? I remember back when he destroyed Broner it was the talk around boxing. How Robert molded Maidana into a fine tuned bulldozer. Then right after he gives Floyd the fight of his life when everyone was predicting a pathetic mismatch. (Everyone was *****ting on Floyd over picking Madaina and ducking Khan)
    What happened to Adam Booth? People can say what they want about Booth and Haye but gd when the Haymaker was at his peak, he was like the next best thing. Maybe more credit is deserved to Haye for marketing himself but the style Booth created for him was sensational. Wide legged outside fighter with a controlling jab and a rear ****ed right hand. And when that hair trigger is activated, that consistently thrown overhand right would rock anybody to their boots. The secret is how hard it is to defend against a zeroed in overhand right. Just ask Floyd. That being said Booths fighters Haye and Groves signature style has been more or less exposed over the years. Beyond that Booth might have what it takes to turn Broner into a winner.
    Ben Davidson is a shining light in the boxing trainer world. Total dedication to understanding every facet of the sport and what needs to be understood to bring the best out of his pupils. Namely Tyson Fury. Talk about a comeback. "Reinventing" oneself doesn't do Fury justice. More like a spiritual awakening. Bringing him down to earth as one of the most genuine and real people in the sport. I'm sure his palette is full dealing with Fury. But if there was a longshot that could pay out as an even bigger comeback.. imagine what a adequately trained Broner on his way back up could become. Because I mean come on. Broner has no where to go but up. That or his career will faze into oblivion fighting no hopers.
    Teddy "We're Fireman" Atlas
    10.71%
    Robert "Puncher Gloves" Garcia
    28.57%
    Adam "He glossed me" Booth
    0.00%
    Ben "You'll beat him with your lefthand alone" Davidson
    3.57%
    Preferred trainer not listed or his trainer isn't a problem
    17.86%
    Take the "L" out of Lover because it's "Over" for AB
    39.29%

most will not agree but i say mayweather sr.. broner needs someone who is not gonna put up with his shiiet and that's sr. right there!

broner's past and current trainers are too scared to tell him how it is. even in the press conference leading up to the fight when broner snapped at Al berstein, you can tell that his trainer wasnt with that but the trainer didnt wanna say anything in fear of having a fall out with broner.

even after the fight with manny and broner was acting a fool, his whole camp wasnt behind him but none of them wanted to speak up either for the simple fact of getting dropped by broner from the team. floyd mayweather sr will not be like that at all! mayweather sr. has seen it and done it so he's not gonna be a puppet to broner like these other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
      In a way this is all fantasy boxing spiel but say you could pick a trainer to turn this guy, into well something else.
      I'll start with Teddy Atlas. Man oh man could that guy summon the fire where certain fighters couldn't do it themselves. Some say he's overrated, a bit rudimentary, but you know what? That's exactly what Broner needs. Conventional wisdom says Teddy would never train a showboat clown like him. But he's definitely a guy who likes the longshot. Could he make Broner a World Champion again? Could Broner divest from his circus lifestyle and dedicate himself to Atlas' rules?
      Robert Garcia. Wasn't it after one of his fighters lost to Maidana that they recruited him under their gym? I remember back when he destroyed Broner it was the talk around boxing. How Robert molded Maidana into a fine tuned bulldozer. Then right after he gives Floyd the fight of his life when everyone was predicting a pathetic mismatch. (Everyone was *****ting on Floyd over picking Madaina and ducking Khan)
      What happened to Adam Booth? People can say what they want about Booth and Haye but gd when the Haymaker was at his peak, he was like the next best thing. Maybe more credit is deserved to Haye for marketing himself but the style Booth created for him was sensational. Wide legged outside fighter with a controlling jab and a rear ****ed right hand. And when that hair trigger is activated, that consistently thrown overhand right would rock anybody to their boots. The secret is how hard it is to defend against a zeroed in overhand right. Just ask Floyd. That being said Booths fighters Haye and Groves signature style has been more or less exposed over the years. Beyond that Booth might have what it takes to turn Broner into a winner.
      Ben Davidson is a shining light in the boxing trainer world. Total dedication to understanding every facet of the sport and what needs to be understood to bring the best out of his pupils. Namely Tyson Fury. Talk about a comeback. "Reinventing" oneself doesn't do Fury justice. More like a spiritual awakening. Bringing him down to earth as one of the most genuine and real people in the sport. I'm sure his palette is full dealing with Fury. But if there was a longshot that could pay out as an even bigger comeback.. imagine what a adequately trained Broner on his way back up could become. Because I mean come on. Broner has no where to go but up. That or his career will faze into oblivion fighting no hopers.
      Teddy wouldn't bother with Broner, I don't think.

What Broner needs, more than anything, is a trainer who can break him and then rebuild him.

Broner's got a good active defense when he uses it, a good jab and check hook that he's got confidence in, and he's real good when he can work in combination. Broner's problem is that, for whatever reason, he doesn't trust the dog that may be in him, especially when put in with another fighter that knows that they have that dog in them (regardless of their talent level).

Send him to Ann Wolfe, put him in that Texas hell that she used to get James Kirkland ready all those years, and see what she can draw from Broner.

Broner's not "Money" Mayweather; he had his own style, easily up to about the Eloy Perez fight.

He needs to get back to that, and I think Wolfe is wild enough to maybe get through to him.

Comment

I'd have him go with somebody like Freddy Roach or Joe Goossen, i.e. an offensive-minded coach. Broner is good defensively, he just needs more offence. He also needs somebody who won't take his nonsense. Somebody who will be straight up and honest. He doesn't need another yes-man telling him he's winning rounds when he isn't.

Once upon a time Broner used to have good offence, but then he started trying to copy Mayweather's style, boxing defensively with the shoulder roll and trying to potshot his way to victory. The problem with that is that it only works if you win the rounds clearly, i.e. making the guy miss and countering him with flush, attention-grabbing punches. That's the difference between him and Mayweather, and that's what he doesn't seem to grasp as to why he doesn't get the same results when the scorecards are read out.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          most will not agree but i say mayweather sr.. broner needs someone who is not gonna put up with his shiiet and that's sr. right there!

broner's past and current trainers are too scared to tell him how it is. even in the press conference leading up to the fight when broner snapped at Al berstein, you can tell that his trainer wasnt with that but the trainer didnt wanna say anything in fear of having a fall out with broner.

even after the fight with manny and broner was acting a fool, his whole camp wasnt behind him but none of them wanted to speak up either for the simple fact of getting dropped by broner from the team. floyd mayweather sr will not be like that at all! mayweather sr. has seen it and done it so he's not gonna be a puppet to broner like these other guys.
          Imo Floyd Sr is the last guy who should train Broner. I don't even think he's that great of a trainer. Floyd Jr is great because he has a very VERY strong drive as a professional. Sr never seemed on point and as competitively aware as Jr in a fight. Roach seems to have regressed too with coaching fighters midfight. Just looking at how disastrous him training Hatton was (and sure Hatton was a headcase at that point) I don't think it'd be a good fit for someone who lacks drive like Broner.

Comment

Ann Wolfe.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              Imo Floyd Sr is the last guy who should train Broner. I don't even think he's that great of a trainer. Floyd Jr is great because he has a very VERY strong drive as a professional. Sr never seemed on point and as competitively aware as Jr in a fight. Roach seems to have regressed too with coaching fighters midfight. Just looking at how disastrous him training Hatton was (and sure Hatton was a headcase at that point) I don't think it'd be a good fit for someone who lacks drive like Broner.
              it's not about how great he is or isnt. it's the fact that mayweather sr. will prolly be the only one who wont be afraid to open his mouth and tell broner how it is!

broner going to a new trainer is not to work on his skills, etc. but it's to work on his discipline in my opinion!! what good is matching broner up with a top level trainer if broner is not gonna listen to him anyways? that was my point. mayweather sr is not gonna sit back and let broner run his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                I'd have him go with somebody like Freddy Roach or Joe Goossen, i.e. an offensive-minded coach. Broner is good defensively, he just needs more offence. He also needs somebody who won't take his nonsense. Somebody who will be straight up and honest. He doesn't need another yes-man telling him he's winning rounds when he isn't.

Once upon a time Broner used to have good offence, but then he started trying to copy Mayweather's style, boxing defensively with the shoulder roll and trying to potshot his way to victory. The problem with that is that it only works if you win the rounds clearly, i.e. making the guy miss and countering him with flush, attention-grabbing punches. That's the difference between him and Mayweather, and that's what he doesn't seem to grasp as to why he doesn't get the same results when the scorecards are read out.
                roach is too soft for someone like broner!! roach will not be able to tell broner to do anything at all if broner doesnt want too! lol.. one of the reason why i feel pac has decline is because roach has been so easy on him because roach doesnt want to get manny mad at him.

i remember a few years ago roach said something along the lines like how he doesnt really demand pac to do anything anymore and that he'll kinda just let manny decide on what to do. roach is a bad match up for someone out spoken like broner. if roach is broner's trainer, broner would prolly be training at the strip club while face timing freddie lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  roach is too soft for someone like broner!! roach will not be able to tell broner to do anything at all if broner doesnt want too! lol.. one of the reason why i feel pac has decline is because roach has been so easy on him because roach doesnt want to get manny mad at him.

i remember a few years ago roach said something along the lines like how he doesnt really demand pac to do anything anymore and that he'll kinda just let manny decide on what to do. roach is a bad match up for someone out spoken like broner. if roach is broner's trainer, broner would prolly be training at the strip club while face timing freddie lol!!!
                  Yeah I don't dispute that, especially as Freddy gets older, but I still think he would bring more of Broner's offensive qualities out through his style of coaching.

Comment

Abel Sanchez. AB is already skilled. He needs someone to force him to get out of bed in the morning and run. Then maybe he would land more than single digits in a round

Comment

Working...
                    X