No announcement yet.

Khan > Rosado, Clottey, Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan > Rosado, Clottey, Lemieux

I understand people are hating on this fight because Khan is way smaller than Canelo and people see it as being a mismatch because of the difference in sizes which is compounded by Khans shaky chin.

However, this fight for Canelo, is better than fighting Rosado, Clottey or Lemeiux. It's better than fighting any MW out there right now barring Jacobs, BJS or GGG. This is because Khan is way more skilled than the former 3, he's got assets which could really trouble Canelo - he's got the fastest hands in the boxing world right now and of course Khan is a former two weight world champion. Khan is a way better name to have on Canelo's resume than the former 3 he was supposedly going to fight despite the weight discrepancies as Khan is a much more accomplished and talented fighter. The only thing that's really going against Khan in this fight is his chin.

Khan is a much bigger threat than people are giving him credit for, but I do of course accept Canelo is a heavy heavy favourite as he would have been again h the former 3. This fight is much more fan friendly especially for the casuals and it's a £ fight and fight which it seems Canelo would like to showcase his power.

Overall, it's not as bad a fight as some of you guys are making our. Give some credit to Khan for his heart and give some credit to Canelo for fighting another livewire and not someone washed up like Rosado or Clottley especially seeing the run of fighters he's taken on.

Prediction: Canelo by brutal KO. But Khan has the ability to eek out a decision.

All those guys merc khan. Clotted would be the only pseudo-challenge. Lemieux would decapitate khan.

Comment

Lemieux would beat Khan I agree. Rosado and Clottley i don't think so.

Comment

As far as selling a May 7th PPV absolutely....none of those would sell anything..this fight will do decent numbers most likely.

I would have rather seen Monroe Jr or Lemieux though at 160 on regular HBO. At least that would have shown some hope that he's gonna fight at 160 against GGG eventually. He didn't even come down to 154 for Khan though lol....

Comment

No, Lemieux is definitely the choice out of all those. By far the most risky and great prep for Golovkin.

Not to mention he would annihilate Khan.

Comment

Rosado and clottey would not beat khan at any weight

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              As far as selling a May 7th PPV absolutely....none of those would sell anything..this fight will do decent numbers most likely.

I would have rather seen Monroe Jr or Lemieux though at 160 on regular HBO. At least that would have shown some hope that he's gonna fight at 160 against GGG eventually. He didn't even come down to 154 for Khan though lol....
              Originally posted by Shrap View Post
              No, Lemieux is definitely the choice out of all those. By far the most risky and great prep for Golovkin.

Not to mention he would annihilate Khan.
              I think Canelo will eventually fight GGG. I think the fans just have to be patient. I reckon it'll happen next May or September. Canelo needs to be cut some slack he does take the tough fights.

Yep, I agree Lemieux would've been a great fight but he's just been beaten, he needs to come up again and then I reckon he will eventually fight Canelo as well. Could be the fight he takes before eventually fighting GGG.

A Khan win looks miles better on Canelos resume than a shot Clottey, an average Rosado and unproven Monroe Jr.

Comment

Khan just barely beat Algieri, actually I scored it a draw, but I think Chris is underrated since he lost to Pacquiao. Still, this is a circus fight. If Khan goes 12, it says more about Canelo than anything.

As others said, Lemieux would've been a lot better. Rosado and Clottey have been done to death and are beyond boring. So in that sense, Khan is "better" just for the circus act.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
                  I understand people are hating on this fight because Khan is way smaller than Canelo and people see it as being a mismatch because of the difference in sizes which is compounded by Khans shaky chin.

However, this fight for Canelo, is better than fighting Rosado, Clottey or Lemeiux. It's better than fighting any MW out there right now barring Jacobs, BJS or GGG. This is because Khan is way more skilled than the former 3, he's got assets which could really trouble Canelo - he's got the fastest hands in the boxing world right now and of course Khan is a former two weight world champion. Khan is a way better name to have on Canelo's resume than the former 3 he was supposedly going to fight despite the weight discrepancies as Khan is a much more accomplished and talented fighter. The only thing that's really going against Khan in this fight is his chin.

Khan is a much bigger threat than people are giving him credit for, but I do of course accept Canelo is a heavy heavy favourite as he would have been again h the former 3. This fight is much more fan friendly especially for the casuals and it's a £ fight and fight which it seems Canelo would like to showcase his power.

Overall, it's not as bad a fight as some of you guys are making our. Give some credit to Khan for his heart and give some credit to Canelo for fighting another livewire and not someone washed up like Rosado or Clottley especially seeing the run of fighters he's taken on.

Prediction: Canelo by brutal KO. But Khan has the ability to eek out a decision.
                  I agree with you. Canelo is a prize fighter and Khan is a huge payday Canelo has ever right to accept this fight. Khan asked for the fight so why the hell should Canelo turn it down? Khan is a better opponent than the guys they were talking about Canelo fighting. Clottey was never in the running to fight Canelo but Rosado was. I think most of the guys b*tching about this fight are Canelo haters and they would b*tch at him no matter who he was going to fight. Khan has matured into a big welterweight and he said he expects to weigh about 165 pounds on fight night while Canelo should be about 170 on fight night as usual. This fight wlll be a big seller and both boxers will make lots of money.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post

No ****ing way.

Comment

Working...
                    X