Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who have scored the Márquez-Pacquiao trilogy, post your scorecards.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too lazy to look up what my scores were but:

1. Pacquiao (by several pts)
    2. Pacquiao (by 1 pt)
    3. Marquez (by several pts)

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      When I see people scoring the third fight a draw or in favour of Pacquaio I can not help but think they're a major Pacquaio fan or do not know how to score a fight.

Even being generous and giving Pacquaio the close rounds, I don't think I could legitimately give him a draw let alone have him winning.

Each to their own but to me that was a clear cut win for Marquez. I thought I may of been generous to Marquez at first as he did better than I/most expected but upon watching a few more times, I still can not for the life of me see how Manny won that fight.
      I am the thread starter and I have a 114-114 draw for the third fight. I am not the only one who saw that and I am not even a Pacquiao fan.

Comment

Lol at the People scoring the 3rd fight a draw you have to be biased or something to either fall into the Hbo nuthuggery on Pacquiaos nuts , How they try to fool the public it was a close competitive fight. Marquez shut Pacquiao down and all of you know it , quit trying to play it off

Comment

Fight #1: 113-112 for Marquez (scored the first a 10-7 instead of a 10-6, otherwise would be draw)
          Fight #2: 114-113 for Pacquiao
          Fight #3: 116-113 for Marquez (scored one round even)

Comment

Did anybody have Manny winning the third fight?

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
              Did anybody have Manny winning the third fight?
              Glenn Trowbridge had him dominating it.

Comment

Jeeze i just watched these again theyre on hbo ondemand
                1 pac
                2 mar
                3 mar

Comment

Fight 1: 7-5 or 8-4 Marquez. Go back and forth between the two scores.

Fight 2: 6-6, Pacquiao won because of the knockdown.

Fight 3: 7-5 Pacquiao. Still don't understand the 8-4 and 9-3 scores I see for Marquez. That's basically giving Pacquiao no credit for what he did in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Fight 1: 7-5 or 8-4 Marquez. Go back and forth between the two scores.

Fight 2: 6-6, Pacquiao won because of the knockdown.

Fight 3: 7-5 Pacquiao. Still don't understand the 8-4 and 9-3 scores I see for Marquez. That's basically giving Pacquiao no credit for what he did in the fight.
                    Why should a guy get credit for getting his head snap back and missing combinations

Comment

First fight: 115-110 Pacquiao

This is the one on which I will not even listen to an argument for Marquez winning. Some people like to say Marquez won every round after the first. Well, he lost the second round and he definitely lost a few between 7 and 10 bare minimum, so it's just nonsense to even claim Marquez came close to winning this fight. He fought well, but it was way too big a hole to climb out of without winning decisively.

Second fight: 114-113 Pacquiao

The knockdown was the difference in this one. There were many, many close rounds, but I always end up giving Pacquiao round 1 and round 7, which I think were the two closest of the fight. I could understand if you had Marquez winning.

Third fight: 114-114 even

This one I could also see an argument for Marquez. I had it even but felt like Marquez was the more impressive on this night, winning a lot of his rounds more convincingly than Pacquiao won his. Still, neither guy really did enough to take it.

Comment

Working...
                      X