Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who you guys think are the top 5 chins in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacs chin must be one of the best as he hasnt been down and has fought all comers, and Margarito and Cotto couldnt dent him, so how come froch is right up there when he was down legitamately against JT recently?

How can floyds chin be the best when he was nearly ko'ed by SSM in 2 rounds and SSM never kos anyone in 2 rounds.? FLoyd dont get hit a lot square on, but when he his hit the world knows about it and he starts acting kinda funny.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Pacs chin must be one of the best as he hasnt been down and has fought all comers, and Margarito and Cotto couldnt dent him, so how come froch is right up there when he was down legitamately against JT recently?

How can floyds chin be the best when he was nearly ko'ed by SSM in 2 rounds and SSM never kos anyone in 2 rounds.? FLoyd dont get hit a lot square on, but when he his hit the world knows about it and he starts acting kinda funny.
      40 sec he gets knocked down by a fukin jab!

Comment

I don't understand how Vitali gets the reputation of having an iron chin, the two most skilled fighters he's ever fought rocked him. His competition has been absolute **** though, the skill level P4P between the Hws and the guys someone like Froch has fought is tremendous.

Sanders came out of retirement as a pro golfer at age 38 to fight Vitali and was able to rock Vitali, a prime Sanders would've taken advantage and KOd him. Lewis was fat and out of shape at age 38 and had Vitali hanging on for dear life as well.

Comment

Margarito Froch Matthyse Canelo JCC Jr come to mind trying not to use fighters on theyre last legs and i know i said margo but chin is solid.

Comment

No more Margarito, lmao...!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by grotbags View Post
              I cant split Vitali and Froch i know Froch went down vs Taylor but hes never been rocked and he takes more shots that Vitali against harder hitters (p4p) and faced better competition. But Vitali has never been down Lewis had him hurt but man Lennox had serious power. So i got say joint first those 2 so ill go:

2:Shane Mosley
              3:Glenn Johnson
              4:Arthur Abraham
              5:Floyd Mayweather

Had bit of an issue putting Floyd in as he doesnt get hit that much but when he does it is against the elite. What u guys think?

you miss the fight with shane mosley?
              floyd does not have a great chin. i'm not saying it's horrendous, but it's certainly not great

abraham, johnson, and mosley all have / have had great chins, but they're faded / at the end of their careers. hell, shane is retired.

abraham still has an argument. he took mirandas bombs on a broken jaw.
              took good shots from dirrell (even if he was dropped, dirrell is big and is a very good offensive fighter with some pop and great timing.)
              good shots from froch
              barely blinked when andre ward hit him, etc.

carl froch
              vitali klitschko

johnson, abraham, and mosley do / did all have great chins, though and are good nods.

margarito's is better, imo, but he's also retired now essentially.

toney and hopkins are starting to really show their age. your chin is one of the last things to go, but they dont look like they took shots like they used to. both have ATG chins.

another nod

pacquiao. very underrated jaw because of the stoppage losses to little guys.

he's been taking punishment in victory and defeat against WW now for years. he's no more than a LW. weighed 138 against hatton, 143 against marquez, etc, and he eats like a horse and tries to put on muscle under the tutelage of ariza

at FW he ate shots for breakfast. fought punchers, too.
              Last edited by New England; 07-05-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Mayweather?
                1.Froch
                2.Rios
                3.Angulo
                4.Chavez Jr.
                5.Pac Man
                Last edited by pugilistprophet1994; 07-05-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I don't understand how Vitali gets the reputation of having an iron chin, the two most skilled fighters he's ever fought rocked him. His competition has been absolute **** though, the skill level P4P between the Hws and the guys someone like Froch has fought is tremendous.

Sanders came out of retirement as a pro golfer at age 38 to fight Vitali and was able to rock Vitali, a prime Sanders would've taken advantage and KOd him. Lewis was fat and out of shape at age 38 and had Vitali hanging on for dear life as well.
                  Lennox Lewis was a monster puncher, and Vitali took his shots for 6 rounds and his chin held up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

lewis and sanders are two of the hardest punchers ever.
                    ever. power on a big man is THE last thing to go. you bet your ass they hit VK with shots that would have made a lesser man lose consciousness

vitali has a great chin. on top of that he's one of the biggest men to ever box at the world class, which helps you absorb shots

Comment

1. Floyd Mayweather - 16 years never been on his ass and has fought on a championship level for 14 years.

2. Paulie Malignaggi - Been in there with big boys and I'm not sure I ever saw him dropped.

3. Shane Mosley - Top level fighter has taken a few beatings but all shows his mettle

4. Carl Froch - Takes a big punch

5. Glen Johnson - Never been down and has fought great fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X