Freddie Roach "Chavez jr will walk thru Martinez's punches"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great game plan Roach.......

Comment

Lol. Why is Roach always about walking through punches and taking hits? Does he have something against defense?

Comment

Originally posted by billygoathurler View Post
        Freddie Roach "Chavez jr will walk thru Martinez's punches"
        And when he does, Popeye's Chicken assistant managers and Walmart greeters all over the country will hold a parade in JCC JR's honor for avenging them.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Great game plan Roach.......
          Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          Lol. Why is Roach always about walking through punches and taking hits? Does he have something against defense?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
            This is Boxing. You're gonna get hit no matter your defensive gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
              Yeah I get it. But can he like...still teach them defense?? You know, because I always believed that getting hit less is better than getting hit more. Not only that but, the guy has Parkinsons. As a person who got that disease from getting punched in the head, shouldn't he put a little more importance on defense rather than offense??

Comment

People who have underestimated Martinez have been beaten. Maklin can take a punch and he got knocked out. Jr is going to have to do a little more than walk through Martinez punches to win. Blowing up to 180 may be his downfall in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                  Pacquiao, Khan and Jr could do with better defence. If you dont get hit alot then you give yourself a good chance of winning fights. The reason why everyone thinks marquez and peterson won the fights is because Khan and manny's defence was lacking. Mayweather may be a little more conservative (boring) but he wins fights convincingly.

Comment

I must admit Junior impressed me in his last fight...but come on Freddie...walk thru Maravillas punches...please!
                    the first solid punch Junior feels from Maravilla is going to actually make him moonwalk...

Comment

his disease is slowly getting worse! what a shame! i dont think Roach could be a trainer anymore in a few years. I've noticed in Pacquiao's corner, he seems less and less able to give any meaningful instruction.

cant feel sorry for roach though he's a tough mother****er and so is pepper.

Comment

Working...
                      X