No announcement yet.

Catalonia Declares Independence from Spain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalonia Declares Independence from Spain

Wow.....does this mean Madrid sends in the army?
    A new Spanish Civil War?

How would an independent Catalonia survive economically without being in the EU?

The Catalan regional parliament has voted to declare independence from Spain, while the Spanish parliament has approved direct rule over the region.
    Catalan MPs backed the motion 70-10 in a ballot boycotted by the opposition.
    Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy earlier told senators direct rule was needed to return "law, democracy and stability" to Catalonia.
    The crisis began when Catalans backed independence in a disputed vote earlier this month.

Catalonia sounds like some discontinued car model. Thank you American school system for not teaching me or instilling the ability to give a f#ck about geography.

Comment

Awesome! I'm very happy about this act of defiance,
      Perfecto Barcelona, des de aqui, no me voy!

Comment

So no more Gran Derbi?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          How would an independent Catalonia survive economically without being in the EU?
          Catalonia is the strongest economic region of Spain, theres a reason they don't wanna see that **** go. I think Spain wants to leave the EU anyway. If it all goes **** up they can always sell Messi

Comment

Should have Barcelona v Real Madrid play in a neutral ground to settle this IMO

Comment

Spain is a splintered but whole of a country.

Comment

Quick question?

How many BS fans been to Spain?
                How many of you know the diff between regions?

Count of monte cristo, wtf are you guys learning or not learning on my tax dollar????

Comment

spain is a dog**** backwards country anyway. wouldnt be shocked if the civil war was fought with swords and spears.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Quick question?

How many BS fans been to Spain?
                    How many of you know the diff between regions?

Count of monte cristo, wtf are you guys learning or not learning on my tax dollar????
                    I've been to Spain several times and seen it from the ground up, in cities and in rural areas. There are HUGE differences between regions, in ethnic makeup (south obviously has a lot of Arab genes; north a lot of Celtic/Germanic genes) language (Catalonian is barely Spanish; Basque is not related at all to a Romance language) weather (north wet and cold, south dry and hot). The kings and queens of Spain are called "King/Queen of all the Spains" for a reason.

There is a lot of history here to discuss about Spain and the Iberian peninsula, but we'll leave it a this point. Just know that Phoenicans, Carthaginians, Greeks, Celts, Romans, Visigoths, Arabs, Africa, etc all have left a footprint on Spain and Portugal.

Comment

Working...
                    X