No announcement yet.

Stock Market Really In the Dumpster These Past Couple of Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Partially,, it’s a huge component. Huge profits were made between December and January.

Bots that run funds will rebalance their portfolio and do a shyt ton of selling.

And I’m sure there is a lot of panic sellers today.

Plus rates going up.

This is nothing more than a pullback from all time highs. Companies are in perfect health, nothing to worry about.
    That's main reason I heard. The number reason.
    You still haven't said whether you agree or not with 1bad65 that profit taking is what is to be blamed.

If you agree, post a link that shows that profit taking should be blamed.

I agree it's just a correction because of the fear of interest rate rising.

Again, how is profit taking to be blamed?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      That's main reason I heard. The number reason.
      You still haven't said whether you agree or not with 1bad65 that profit taking is what is to be blamed.

If you agree, post a link that shows that profit taking should be blamed.

I agree it's just a correction because of the fear of interest rate rising.

Again, how is profit taking to be blamed?
      Well, I don’t think it’s 100% to blame but it’s a huge part of it..

I have been saying for months that the market was getting pricey as prices kept soaring, and everyone knew when they start to raise rates it would pullback stock prices.

Any trader with a clue huge run up was in its last legs, so they are taking profit at the peak, and will buy later.

That combined with the bots doing rebalancing and it’s a perfect storm for a drop like this.

The most important thing to remember is that the companies themselves are fine, the market was just broke, and now the market is getting fixed.

We should have never gotten 20% gains over 2 months, it should be by about 1-3% a month and 10-20% for the year.

If companies were ****ed up like they were in the tech bubble and in 2008 then we could get worried.

This is nothing more than a correction to all time highs and gains

Comment

Well, I don’t think it’s 100% to blame but it’s a huge part of it..

I have been saying for months that the market was getting pricey as prices kept soaring, and everyone knew when they start to raise rates it would pullback stock prices.

Any trader with a clue huge run up was in its last legs, so they are taking profit at the peak, and will buy later.

That combined with the bots doing rebalancing and it’s a perfect storm for a drop like this.

The most important thing to remember is that the companies themselves are fine, the market was just broke, and now the market is getting fixed.

We should have never gotten 20% gains over 2 months, it should be by about 1-3% a month and 10-20% for the year.

If companies were ****ed up like they were in the tech bubble and in 2008 then we could get worried.

This is nothing more than a correction to all time highs and gains
        I agree that it is just a correction.
        Answer me, man. Is profit taking to be blamed? Even is just a small blame, provide a link saying so because I am not seeing that anywhere.

Comment

Comment

The all time high is 25K just recently.... it’s at 24,345....

Are people ******ed?

Comment

I agree that it is just a correction.
              Answer me, man. Is profit taking to be blamed? Even is just a small blame, provide a link saying so because I am not seeing that anywhere.
              Why would their be a headline?

Do you think people selling off at all time highs aren’t making profit..

Everybody wants to sell now to grab profit because everyone knows the market is correcting..

Traders are selling like a mother****er to lock in gains for the year.

Market going up 15% in a year is great, so if you a trader, why not cash out and lock in 20% gains for the year.

Anytime you have a years worth of gains in 6 weeks, and looming rates, there is gonna be a shytload of profit taking.

Nobody is selling out of fear the companies are in bad shape.

This is purely the free market leveling itself after a historical run.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Really, I think that’s the biggest driver.

Those bots aren’t emotional, after a run up they sell and rebalance their portfolio..

Comment

Why would their be a headline?

Do you think people selling off at all time highs aren’t making profit..

Everybody wants to sell now to grab profit because everyone knows the market is correcting..

Traders are selling like a mother****er to lock in gains for the year.

Market going up 15% in a year is great, so if you a trader, why not cash out and lock in 20% gains for the year.

Anytime you have a years worth of gains in 6 weeks, and looming rates, there is gonna be a shytload of profit taking.

Nobody is selling out of fear the companies are in bad shape.

This is purely the free market leveling itself after a historical run.
                  That's what you mean. Capital gains? I thought he meant companies gobbling up the profits.
                  I wonder if he meant capital gains? Too bad no one got him to clarify.
                  What's the capital gains tax rate?

Comment

That's what you mean. Capital gains? I thought he meant companies gobbling up the profits.
                    I wonder if he meant capital gains? Too bad no one got him to clarify.
                    What's the capital gains tax rate?
                    Capital gains tax depends on if it’s short term or long term, I think the timespan isn’t over/under a year or 5 years.
                    Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 02-05-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      Blame Trump, your kind praises and gives him credit when it’s up. Now your kind needs to man up and blame him when it’s down

Comment

Working...
                      X