Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be scared if this boxer tried fighting you in the street?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is 65 lbs lighter and 9 inches shorter than me but I'd imagine he would kick my arse in about 30 seconds since I have less speed than Carl Froch & the defence of Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by shobox View Post
      sorry i should have put "when a professional fighter is up against an average joe on the street , size doesnt usually matter although there can be exceptions " i'm 4 inches taller than this guy and heavier and i'd probably get my ass handed by him , skills usually beat size when comparing a real pro fighter against an amateur
      Size ALWAYS matters, especially in a street fight. Any large man with any fighting experience that gets a hold of him can beat him in the streets. When you have a 12in reach on somebody 11in height and over a hundred pounds of muscle it is likely you will be able to grab a hold of the man before he can knock you out. You dont even have to land a punch while you're standing all you have to do is grab his shirt and you could take him down.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        Size ALWAYS matters, especially in a street fight. Any large man with any fighting experience that gets a hold of him can beat him in the streets. When you have a 12in reach on somebody 11in height and over a hundred pounds of muscle it is likely you will be able to grab a hold of the man before he can knock you out. You dont even have to land a punch while you're standing all you have to do is grab his shirt and you could take him down.
        i hear you man ,im assuming the average poster here doesnt have much fighting experience and gonzalez is no joke, imo if some 220 lb guy with fighting experience is picking a fight with a 105 lbs dude regardless of being a boxing champ or not then thats just wrong

Comment

Originally posted by shobox View Post
          i hear you man ,im assuming the average poster here doesnt have much fighting experience and gonzalez is no joke, imo if some 220 lb guy with fighting experience is picking a fight with a 105 lbs dude regardless of being a boxing champ or not then thats just wrong
          A lot probably dont you're right. Im not underestimating this man it is possible he could whip some bigger guys, but Im a big guy in pretty decent shape and I can't wrap my mind around a 105lb man whipping me in a street fight. For somebody who's never boxed or done any street fighting he would probably attack them and end it before they knew it was time to fight.

Comment

HELL NO.. size doesn't matter in a street fight. LOL i seen big ass guys that i seen knock out people get knocked out or whooped by some of the smaller guys.
            My grandfather is 5'5 at best and maybe 130-140 pounds in his prime and has short arms. Heard from other people he used to Knock out anybody with one punch.
            Saw this lil 5'2 guy fight this biggger maybe 5'10ish white guy at this party. The white guy did wrestling at my school and the 5'2 guy was just a regular guy. When they fought, the 5'2 guy whooped the mess out of him. I also seen other incidents where smaller guys win. Im not saying they win all the time, but in a STREET fight, Size doesn't matter.

Comment

Size does matter, but when it's the average Joe vs a pro fighter, it usually doesn't.

And btw Gonzalez only weighs 105lbs for a few days at most before a weigh in, if you met him on the street he would be in the 120's or 130's.

Comment

A lot probably dont you're right. Im not underestimating this man it is possible he could whip some bigger guys, but Im a big guy in pretty decent shape and I can't wrap my mind around a 105lb man whipping me in a street fight. For somebody who's never boxed or done any street fighting he would probably attack them and end it before they knew it was time to fight.
                Possible he could whip some bigger guys? He would whip thousands of them, you can't imagine him whipping you because you are arrogant. I don't care how big someone is, two or three fast punches from a guy like Gonzalez would stun you or knock you on your ass, what if he lands a couple and busts your nose up, then goes low and hits you in the stomach or balls, and then keeps throwing punches....you are underestimating the speed, reaction time, and yes even the power of a guy like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
                  Possible he could whip some bigger guys? He would whip thousands of them, you can't imagine him whipping you because you are arrogant. I don't care how big someone is, two or three fast punches from a guy like Gonzalez would stun you or knock you on your ass, what if he lands a couple and busts your nose up, then goes low and hits you in the stomach or balls, and then keeps throwing punches....you are underestimating the speed, reaction time, and yes even the power of a guy like this.
                  I may be a little arrogant, but I can also fight and have done so both in a ring and in the streets. For a man who is giving up 12in in reach he's going to have to attack me and put himself in a position to be grabbed. Once I get a hold of him the chance of me taking him down is great. Once I get him down the hundred pounds or so of muscle will play a difference. Honestly he could probably beat up million of larger men, I'm just not one of them.

Comment

I may be a little arrogant, but I can also fight and have done so both in a ring and in the streets. For a man who is giving up 12in in reach he's going to have to attack me and put himself in a position to be grabbed. Once I get a hold of him the chance of me taking him down is great. Once I get him down the hundred pounds or so of muscle will play a difference. Honestly he could probably beat up million of larger men, I'm just not one of them.
                    i feel you because i cant see myself getting whooped by a smaller man too, but it can happen in s street fight. Size USUALLY doesn't matter. Can we settle on that??

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                      i feel you because i cant see myself getting whooped by a smaller man too, but it can happen in s street fight. Size USUALLY doesn't matter. Can we settle on that??
                      We can agree that many small men can beat up many large men. If I was to get into a fistfight with say Riddick Bowe the chances of me being able to take him down quickly are far smaller than with Roman. I am not a pro fighter, somy size would be my best bet in helping me to beat Roman in the streets.

Comment

Working...
                      X