Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why arent spinning back fists or jumping punches allowed in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then the sport would just look stupid, like its not bad enough we got ****s like malignaggi and other slappers, lets go the mma route and look even dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      they need to evolve the rules man, boxers used to fight with inverted fist stance like this

Fighters can use ANY stance they want but hitting with the back of the fist is not BOXING. On the other hand, As an FMA hobbyist (Filipino martial arts) and tai chi practitioner, "BOXING" is a widely defined fighting (not sport) wherein one can use any part of the hand (or body for that matter) in self-defense or fighting in general.

It would be interesting to see where this would lead to in the sport of boxing. Would I agree? Not necessarily.

Maybe change the sport's name to PUNCHING instead of boxing? I don't know.

Comment

boxing has rules. you can't just go in there low blowing your opponent non stop.......oh..nm

Comment

Hi hater, why do you hate Jeff Horn because he is white? he beat Manny Pac fair and square if the ref didnt deduct points thats ont he ref, Pac should have fought back dirty if the ref wasnt fair

You talk all this bs yet your boy Pacquiao used illegal tactics is this punch standard boxing dude? no
          I'm white and Manny beat Horn and yes Horn fought dirty.

Comment

Could easily hit the opponent with the forearm or even elbow if you go for the spinning back fist and opponent moves to the wrong way

Comment

Hi hater, why do you hate Jeff Horn because he is white? he beat Manny Pac fair and square if the ref didnt deduct points thats ont he ref, Pac should have fought back dirty if the ref wasnt fair

You talk all this bs yet your boy Pacquiao used illegal tactics is this punch standard boxing dude? no

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                it's low brow and not sporting. you lose sight of your opponent and are likely to hit him with your elbow or your wrist. if you watch spinning backfist knockouts in MMA they're often of that variety. and aren't common in higher levels of the sport because they're amateurish.

it's also against boxing rules, obviously, as the knuckles are not the primary point of contact, you can't turn your back to your opponent, etc.

as far as i know you can leave your feet, it's just not used bcause it's stupid and amateurish and will get you knocked spark out.

i wouldn't expect a serious boxing fan to even ask these quesitons, frankly. you should know the answer.
                Best breakdown and answer I read so far, props man

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  BS your name is Tony Ge, Ge is a chinese name.

Comment

BS your name is Tony Ge, Ge is a chinese name.
                    Your funny..

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Your funny..

Comment

Working...
                      X