Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Sergio Martinez would of whooped both Canelo and GGG that night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez could have possibly outworked Canelo. I would confidently pick Canelo to win if he had better cardio and didn't fight in spurts. I think Canelo would have dropped Sergio with the shots he landed on GGG.

Golovkin on the other hand would have stopped Martinez late. Martinez had faster feet than Canelo, but wasn't a hard target to hit. His defense relied on his feet. Canelo is more of a complete defensive fighter than Martinez, he could use his feet, duck and slip punches a lot better. That's why he had success against GGG that I can't see Martinez having.

Martinez also didn't have no where near as good of a chin as Canelo. Martinez would win the early rounds, but GGG would close the distance and batter Martinez to a late stoppage, dropping multiple times along the way. He's smaller and only fought at 160 because 154 didn't have good fights for him.

I love Martinez, but he's retired and now people want to overrate him and say he whoops the two best middleweights currently. He didn't even always look dominant when he was fighting guys who were the same level of opponents Golovkin was destroying. He was a great athlete and an exciting fighter, but he wasn't an ATG who could be a champ in any era.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I see him beating both fighters, but i could also see both Canelo and GGG dropping Martinez. But a prime Martinez dances with this two.
      Yeah I agree with this completely

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
        He is the real MW king. He would throw combinations that GGG would just cover up from. And Sergio had the stamina and consistency to win comfortably, maybe a couple shaky moments.

Canelo doesn't have the footwork to cut the ring off Martinez nor does he have the work rate. Martinez would have prob get hit with some flashy punches from time to time but his speed and stamina and angles would make Canelo look lost.

Also Martinez had KO power with his speed and timing that both GGG and Canelo would respect to not take too many risks
        I think Canelo and GGG both beat martinez. Martinez was not that durable and inside fighting by both Canelo and GGG would wear him down.

Comment

Lol ggg stops him in 5. Easy win. You guys are ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
            So he wasn't in his prime when he fought Macklin but was in his prime when he fought Chaves. So what your telling me is Martinez prime is Williams-Pavlik. This is like when people choose when to call bernard hopkins prime. Martinez was an exicting fighter just leave it at that. Don't say he would beat ATGs bc his prime lasted 3 fights.
            Read my previous post, he sold his belt to both Chavez and cotto, Cotto took his opportunity, chavez fat as" didn't. Martinez had a short peak at 160. He had the same issues as GGG when no one would give him a chance at 154. Do some of you guy even study the history of boxing?

Boxing didn't start in 2012 when GGG beats Proksa you know.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
              He is the real MW king. He would throw combinations that GGG would just cover up from. And Sergio had the stamina and consistency to win comfortably, maybe a couple shaky moments.

Canelo doesn't have the footwork to cut the ring off Martinez nor does he have the work rate. Martinez would have prob get hit with some flashy punches from time to time but his speed and stamina and angles would make Canelo look lost.

Also Martinez had KO power with his speed and timing that both GGG and Canelo would respect to not take too many risks
              I'm without words from that 3 piece you touched me with..

Comment

Working...
              X