No announcement yet.

The Korean Zombie is all the way back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Korean Zombie is all the way back

GREENVILLE, S.C. — The Korean Zombie is all the way back.

On Saturday night at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Chan Sung Jung reminded fans once again why he is one of the most exciting fighters in the sport, knocking out fifth-ranked Renato Moicano just 58 seconds into the first round.

Jung of course is best known for coming up short in his featherweight title shot against Jose Aldo in 2012. After that, The Korean Zombie stepped away from the sport to fulfill his mandatory military service for his home country of South Korea. He returned in 2017 with a first-round KO of Dennis Bermudez but was on the receiving end of last year’s KO of the Year when Yair Rodriguez bolted him with a once-in-a-lifetime upward elbow.

No such misfortune met him on Saturday though, as Jung quickly countered a simple jab, slipping off the line and clubbing Moicano with a right hook that nearly took his head off. Moicano, incredibly, was not completely out of it though but after following him to the ground and taking the back mount, Zombie got the stoppage with vicious ground strikes. The win moves Jung into excellent position in the robust and exciting featherweight division.

The win moved Jung to 15-5 in his career and 5-2 in the UFC. After the bout, Jeremy Stephens called out Jung for a fight and given both men’s history in the featherweight division, it’s hard to see who wouldn’t be excited for that one.

great win for the zombie but i would have liked to see the fight go on just a little longer.. i wanted to see if the ko loss to yair affected him in any way. it's hard to tell when the fight ended before his opponent could really do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      great win for the zombie but i would have liked to see the fight go on just a little longer..
      Me and you both.

Comment

Working...
      X