• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is with these espn commentators?

"That second round is the biggest masterclass you will EVER see!!!"

Good golly.

They sucks off any top rank fighter. Same with the DAZN crew

Comment

It was really bad. The whole thing was a troll job. I feel embarrassed that I spent the time to watch that.

Comment

They gotta sell their boxers somehow. Paulie and Mauro Ranallo are the best duo on boxing commentary right now, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken fist View Post
          They gotta sell their boxers somehow. Paulie and Mauro Ranallo are the best duo on boxing commentary right now, imo.
          Never heard of the one guy...but Paulie is good...I don't always agree with him but usually am on the same page as him...and I at least feel like he is a neutral/unbiased voice...hard to find in today's media

Comment

They need to calm the **** down

Treating us boxing fans like damn WWE fans. Embarrassing

It was an elite fighter destroying a B class fighter. Nothing more.

Comment

The announcers are paid by their networks to hype and hype.

When you pay 100 million to Fury, your announcers aren't going to say "he fought an inexperienced, over-matched nobody." Maybe Lampley would've said that. Cosell in the old days. Bernstein would be too polite.

At least there was no Mauro Ranallo, with his prepared sheets of "hilarious" ad-libs and wordplay. You can bet he would've dropped a "Mamma Mia" as soon as Fury dropped Swarz. He thinks he's more entertaining than the fighters, and he is not.

ESPN and DAZN spend their money on fighters, not announcers, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by smeck View Post
                The announcers are paid by their networks to hype and hype.

When you pay 100 million to Fury, your announcers aren't going to say "he fought an inexperienced, over-matched nobody." Maybe Lampley would've said that. Cosell in the old days. Bernstein would be too polite.

At least there was no Mauro Ranallo, with his prepared sheets of "hilarious" ad-libs and wordplay. You can bet he would've dropped a "Mamma Mia" as soon as Fury dropped Swarz. He thinks he's more entertaining than the fighters, and he is not.

ESPN and DAZN spend their money on fighters, not announcers, that's for sure.
                Yeah I miss Roy Jones and even Jim Lampley and Max Kellerman calling fights after having to listen to these espn guys.

Comment

Tessitore especially goes over the top on everything. Ward was giving Fury a lot of props but at one point he was looking around like WTF is happening? LOL, he was like he's gotten better since December but he just did what he had to do.

Tessitore has become the worst of worst company man in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
                    They sucks off any top rank fighter. Same with the DAZN crew
                    DAZN was a unforgettable one "AJ is what heavyweight champion should look like" after Ruiz gets dropped "AJ is the most ruthless finisher in the sport WATCH THIS"

Comment

Working...
                    X