Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Mexican boxer has the best resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Marquez definitely beat Norwood and John by at least two rounds each and deserved at least 3 Pacquaio wins. The Bradley fight at the arena I felt Marquez won but have scored it twice on TV and had it a draw each time. Bradley got a little too much credit from the commentary team and judges in that one.
    Same, JMM was a faded warrior against Bradley, but it was no blowout for Bradley. The victory was a SPLIT decision, meaning there was an argument for both winning, but Marquez landed more meaningful shots and won on my scorecard. Anyways, both Sanchez and Marquez can be switched for 1st or 2nd for the beauty of their victories. For instance, Sanchez defeated two of the greatest fighters of their respective contries by KO, and his career was cut in half. A case can be made for either fighter on the best resume for Mexican fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      That is my point. He had more great wins against established opponents. Too bad that his life got cut short.
      I know right, I think he may of been the best of all time from Mexico had his career went longer. I meant what a heck of a start he had.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I don’t think Danny Lopez was better than Lionel Rose or Chucho Castillo for example to name a couple of Olivares’ prime opponents. Rose dethroned Harada and has wins against Medel, Rudkin and Castillo. He was awesome in his prime until Olivares ended it. The hall of fame can sometimes get it wrong. Ingemar Johansson and Barry McGuigan are Hall of famers for example. Bobby Chacon too is better than Lopez. Nelson went on to have a great career but was totally unestablished in 1982.

I like Danny Lopez a lot but I’m not sure he was better than Famechon, Winstone, Legra, Laguna and Ramos to name a few of Vicente Saldivar’s best opponents. He had more defenses than those guys but he didn’t have to go through Saldivar or Jofre for his title. He was stopped by Fukuyama around the time an old Jofre blasted Fukayama and also split bouts with Octavio Gomez around the time a 40 year old Jofre outpointed him. Famechon, Legra, Winstone probably have too much mobility, speed and skills for Lopez. Laguna of course went on to become a great lightweight champion.
        What I do is I measure if the fighter is at peak, established or a solid top guy. If he gets beat what he does after the loss I greatly take it under consideration. Sanches beat Gomez and Nelson and they had a lot of fight still in them.

Comment

Marquez lost to Pacquiao 3/4 times, and he lost to Bradley.
          So no, can’t be him.

Canelo moving in close.

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez...

Comment

Working...
            X