Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan the Bare Knuckle Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if Khan is hit, I think the power transfer is different in bare-knuckle boxing. 'It will probably hurt more externally, but not shake him up as much'. Khan is rapid with straight punches/hooks, and has great movement. I see the technique of throwing punches with your opponent gets used a lot in bare knuckle fighting, Khan would just be landing too much.

I think a boxers needs to dethrone Artem Lobov.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      Even if Khan is hit, I think the power transfer is different in bare-knuckle boxing. 'It will probably hurt more externally, but not shake him up as much'. Khan is rapid with straight punches/hooks, and has great movement. I see the technique of throwing punches with your opponent gets used a lot in bare knuckle fighting, Khan would just be landing too much
      I think a boxers needs to dethrone Artem Lobov.
      That's the point I was making regarding the Power transfer. I am just getting a little wound up by this belief that all these other combat sports are somehow harder and tougher than boxing. I mean Mcgregor could not even walk through an ancient, unfit, feather fisted version of mayweather with gloves on. He did take plenty of bare knuckle shots from Diaz though.That tells the truth right there. Khan would not get slept in BKB because they do not hit any where near as hard as Canelo, Prescott or Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcell77 View Post
        That's the point I was making regarding the Power transfer. I am just getting a little wound up by this belief that all these other combat sports are somehow harder and tougher than boxing. I mean Mcgregor could not even walk through an ancient, unfit, feather fisted version of mayweather with gloves on. He did take plenty of bare knuckle shots from Diaz though.That tells the truth right there. Khan would not get slept in BKB because they do not hit any where near as hard as Canelo, Prescott or Garcia.
        Mcgregor was meant to be pound for pound one of the UFC hardest hitting punchers, and he did not move Mayweather who just walked forward, and was out weighed by 20 pounds. yes i agree.

Interesting archaic from of boxing all this bare knuckle stuff, I do not think the UFC/Mixed Martial Arts crowd don't like it very much.

It is a good middle ground where MMA fighters and boxer can meet. But I do think Artem Lobov is alright, a game fighter and his style seems to work.

I am looking forward to he next big fights in that area, if there is any.

Not sure what the rounds are in this organisation below, but you can see that Bare-knuckle fighting championship has been marketed better I.E Shape of the ring, small things like that have a effect on people.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          how would our good friend Amir do in bare knuckle box?

He has a better offense than Paulie
          He would have the same strengths and weaknesses he does in regular boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            how do you see his chin holding up against gloveless punches. Better?
            I’m old, I’d hit him in his chest, and break his back.

His chin resistance... is non existent...

Allah never gives any man every thing.

He needs a fragile sticker on his chin, and handle with care... speed is great and all, but punch resistance matter a lot.

Comment

Not too well, would get KO'd as usual.

Comment

Amir would beat almost anybody in a bare nose fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=PRINCEKOOL;19856967]

Interesting archaic from of boxing all this bare knuckle stuff, I do not think the UFC/Mixed Martial Arts crowd don't like it very much.

It is a good middle ground where MMA fighters and boxer can meet. But I do think Artem Lobov is alright, a game fighter and his style seems to work.

Not sure what the rounds are in this organisation below, but you can see that Bare-knuckle fighting championship has been marketed better I.E Shape of the ring, small things like that have a effect

I agree with all of this. I think it is quite a good concept and I certainly enjoy it more than UFC as I just don't dig the ground game. I know it's a skill and all that but it is very boring to watch. I can not seeing it ever taking over from Marquez of Queensbury rules as there was a reason why the change took place to gloved fights but then keeping BKB to 5 x 2 minutes will probably solve the problem of people's eye balls falling out by the end of the fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bcell77;19857333]
                    Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Not sure what the rounds are in this organisation below, but you can see that Bare-knuckle fighting championship has been marketed better I.E Shape of the ring, small things like that have a effect

I agree with all of this. I think it is quite a good concept and I certainly enjoy it more than UFC as I just don't dig the ground game. I know it's a skill and all that but it is very boring to watch. I can not seeing it ever taking over from Marquez of Queensbury rules as there was a reason why the change took place to gloved fights but then keeping BKB to 5 x 2 minutes will probably solve the problem of people's eye balls falling out by the end of the fight.
                    No it won't take over the modern form of boxing, but it will do well 'And it is all connected to boxing anyway so, that is great'.

Comment

At CasperUK amir chin want hold up long enough to assert his punching ability he would be laid out quick

Comment

Working...
                      X