Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPCOMING PICK EMs JUNE 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a a test cos I don't seem to have received a notification for the shout tag I did earlier:koba-grozny

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
      Just a a test cos I don't seem to have received a notification for the shout tag I did earlier:koba-grozny

Ummm. Nothin'.

Can someone fill me in on whether they got a mention notification about this thread after I posted it? And explain why in hell mass mentions work whenever punchr
      hits us with his latest dose of masochistic angst but it doesn't work when I try and do something slightly more positive with it?

Comment

Yeah and bump..

Comment

I’d have voted Rigo-Ceja and Ioka-Palicte if they were an option

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            I’d have voted Rigo-Ceja and Ioka-Palicte if they were an option
            Duly noted, man... Ioka - Palicte should have been in the poll. It'll be nice to see Rigo back in with someone halfway decent though I'm struggling to see Ceja as much of as threat on recent form.

Comment

Since the shout tag system either doesn't seem to have worked or hasn't garnered much attention from the players could I ask one of the mods to sticky the thread please:

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

And if anyone has the ability to add an extra poll option for Ioka vs Palicte that would be massively appreciated too!

Regards and thanks

K
              Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 06-11-2019, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Put them all up mate...gives the tail Enders a chance to claw some points back if they choose right

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  Put them all up mate...gives the tail Enders a chance to claw some points back if they choose right
                  More than happy to if that's how the votes fall, man. I am surprised folk seem to picking Kudryashov vs Makabu over Egorov vs Perez, though the former is about as guaranteed an early finish as it's possible to get. For my money Egorov vs Perez is a far higher calibre of fight; Mike looks waaay sharper at Cruiser than he did at HW despite being smothered by Breidis but I'm not sure everyone is aware of Egorov's pedigree.

https://aiba-apb.ci.studioskylab.com...orov-champion/

The Russo trilogy was great watching and I said right from when I first saw him back in '13 or so that he had the makings of a top tier pro - now I get a chance to see if I was right, cos Perez is probably gonna be his first major test.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                    Okay gentlemen, gonna try something that we've been intending to do almost since taking over from BroBob in early 2018. We did play with it a bit over last summer, but without much consistency and without any notification system in place so it's hard to tell how many of you were aware of the list of upcoming fights.

The aim will be to provide a list of upcoming fights some weeks in advance that are either definitely gonna be in the PIck Em game or for which we'd like to canvass player opinion on whether to include. Clearly - this being the fight game - all things are subject to change, but after last years trial it does seem that the majority of prospective Pick Ems actually ended up happening, even planned a coupla months ahead.

As well as giving you lot more time to research (or change your minds over and over if you're one of those flip/flopping mfers like myself) it also gives more time to those who are not regular vistors to the site to get their picks in and opens up the possibility on absentee or advance votes (as pioneered by Eff Pandas last year) for those of us who maybe have extended absences.

The second purpose of these threads - which will hopefully be produced monthly and span (probably) the upcoming 6 weeks to 2 months (though this first one only covers the rest of June)- is to canvass opinion on which fights should be included in the game... there's always been some differences of opinion as to which fights we want in and which out, whether to put more emphasis on more competitive but lower level fights, include more international fights (far East, ex Soviets etc), lower weights, women's fights and so on... this will give you all a chance to make your voices heard and we can hopefully start to adapt our fight choices better as a result.

As a general rule voting will be based on a simple majority of current, active players (which stands at about 40 right now) so any polled fights will require a threshold of 20 votes to be met to be included in the game at the moment, those this number will change if we can coax a few more players into the game or if we lose some.

Polls will be multi choice and not anonymous so we can check that it is players of the pIck Em that are casting the votes.

Also feel free to make your feelings known about any fights you think should be in the game that you ain't seen on here... wouldn't be the first time I've overlooked significant fights, or post any other comments or opinions you feel may be relevant either about the fights themselves or ways in which the upcoming fights segment could be tweaked or improved.

Oh, and thanks to Eff Pandas for helping out with the research (watch out man, you gonna be sucked into the CREW if you ain't careful) and giving me the requisite nudge to get going on this ish.

Ok. Down to business...

Upcoming fights. June 2019

fights in black are definitely planned for inclusion in the Pick Em game.

fights highlighted in red will only be included if they receive sufficient votes to indicate player interest (20 votes required for inclusion as things currently stand)

2019/06/15 Briedis vs Glowacki

2019/06/15 Dorticos vs Tabiti

2019/06/15 Warrington vs Galahad

2019/06/15 Barrera vs Hart

2019/06/16 Kudryashov vs Makubu

2019/06/16 Egorov vs Perez

2019/06/19 Ioka vs Palicte

2019/06/21 Machado vs Cancio

2019/06/28 Commey vs Beltran

2019/06/28 Andrade vs Sulecki

2019/06/28 Charlo vs Adams

Didn't make the cut but opinion welcome: Gevor vs DeCarolis, Garcia vs Rabchanka, Rigondeaux vs Ceja and Dalakian vs Thawornkham.

Also this thread is gonna serve as a trial for the shout-tag system, to try to get more opinions on decisions which affect the game... I know it can be a pain in the ass getting multiple notifications, so if any of you want your names removing from the list feel free to let me know either on this or the masterthread or by p.m, but I hoping most of you will bear with us cos, well, it's your game and your input will shape it the way you want.

Robbie Barrett, bigjavi973, SUBZER0ED, jpowell100, Redd Foxx, RJJ-94-02=GOAT, Chrismart, Ganondorf, Eff Pandas, BLASTER1,HeadBodyBodyBody, BlakBread904, FrankieClutch, HandsofIron, DuckAdonis, RockyB, trashman, otrocubiche, j0zef, Mammoth, NC Uppercut, ruedboy, Idunnoshet, superbee, MindGame, The plunger man, koba, Frankie2Jabs, ShoulderRoll, BigZ44, koolkc107, Mooshashi, B Phontain, mathed, kushking, A.K, Damn Wicked, Baltimore, sinca,
                    MulaKO, b morph, alexnation , atomicsad, BoxingFan85, califo, Clegg, dan_cov, eco1 , el_gringo, embryo, g27region, HarvardBlue, hhs661, Eddy Current, OnlyBeingHonest, SceneBoxer, SinderellaMan, Snoop Frog , War Mikey, Sheppirino, that g, jackojuice, MickG.

Mods: I'll leave it to your discretion as to whether to sticky this one, I'm hoping you will for a week or so and then maybe merge to the masterthread, but I'm hoping to give the players the maximum opportunity to vote on which upcoming fights to include. Regards and thanks. K

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973
                    Voted for the Charlo fight...the Rigo-Ceja fight should be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Crying Brandon View Post
                      Voted for the Charlo fight...the Rigo-Ceja fight should be up there.
                      I was really aiming the poll at the regular Pick Em players, but you are more than welcome to join in if you're interested. All you need to do is post your pick when the next game thread goes up probably tomorrow a.m. (UK time). Either way, thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
                      X