Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are people really rating Wilder higher now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
    At DaNeutral.this isn't about ticket sales okay.this is about who is fighting and beating the tougher opponents.and Joshua been looking very mediocre in that department
    Are you mentally challenged? Serious question.

Comment

What was impressive is the fight ended with a very well thrown and timed punch, not some series of slaps and windmills. If Fury hadn’t risen from the dead, the same could have been said for that fight. Instead, after Fury stood, Wilder devolved into a windmilling madman who could not finish the job he started. From time to time we get a glimpse of the fighter Wilder could be, one of those times was last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Because Wlad against (don’t even remember who it was, Chagiev?) was where they crowned Wlad. That was the murky one to me since 1 was Vitali, 2 was Wlad and 3 was whoever I’m thinking of. To make a new lineage it should be 1 & 2 but an exception is made since for the first time ever 1 and 2 would never fight lol.

Fury beat Wlad, so that was more cut and dry.

I never said my logic made sense, just that it made sense to me haha

I also don’t view him as having retired because he just tweeted he was retiring during a mental breakdown. If I did that, I’d still be expected to go into work lmao.
        Toffee and I already had this discussion last week, but I guess he prefers to continue to muddy the waters. Wladimir Klitschko beat #2 Povetkin a year after his brother's last fight and #2 Pulev a year after Vitali officially retired. He was as legit then as Fury is now.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...8#post19731108

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
          Most on here knew Brezeale was rubbish. The other ones are Wilder fans. He gets no extra credit from me, although it was a good shot, well landed.
          He was considered good by AJ fans before the Wilder fight. Now he's a bum because Wilder did in 1 round what it took AJ to do in 7.

Comment

No, he didn't prove much. I knew that it wasn't going to be a hard fight like some on here were predicting. Breazeale is out of Wilder's league. Deontay is about a level ahead of him when it comes to talent and so is Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Breazeale is one of the worst ranked heavyweights lol

THE MOB IS FICKLE lol
              No, he's still the #2 heavy in the world to me.

But any 1st rd. KO against your mandatory does not hurt your standing to be sure.

Comment

Breazeale is a top 10 fighter. If Parker has lost to Whyte why is Breazeale a bum for losing to Wilder? Wilder earned some respect , one for the win and two made it look better in a round one shot. People also should understand Breazeale didn't get up against Joshua like Wilder fight but lasted 7 rounds . We can't keep calling guys bums. Breazeale is no easy fight , Wilder just got that right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                  Toffee and I already had this discussion last week, but I guess he prefers to continue to muddy the waters. Wladimir Klitschko beat #2 Povetkin a year after his brother's last fight and #2 Pulev a year after Vitali officially retired. He was as legit then as Fury is now.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...8#post19731108
                  Hang on. My argument was that the lineal title is a historical title that is typically muddy and gets resolved in hindsight.

Your argument was that strict rules (your version of them, which you still can't quite acknowledge are just yours) apply and the lineage is always clear.

You demonstrated this with Wlad beating Chagaev for the lineal title. Until I pointed out he was number 3 and didn't meet your strict rules.

So you went with Povetkin. But I pointed out he didn't meet your strict rules either. So you got to Pulev. I'll give you that one. Under your rules he won it against Pulev. In a fight that literally no-one billed as being for the lineal title.

But I wasn't debating Wlad's status. Nor Fury's. I was saying that the criteria aren't clear, aren't universal, and typically don't work for current fighters. Hindsight resolves it - just like it did for your opinion of Wlad's status.

Fury's claim right now will be sorted by the history books. Just like they all have been.

Comment

Why rate two people who need to fight anyway? It’s like the warriors can be rated higher than the raptors, but since they have to play anyway who cares about ratings?

Comment

Wilder has fought all the top HWs.

AJ has never gotten a deal done to fight Ortiz Fury or Wilder.

I actually rank AJ 3rd. Behind Fury and Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X