Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Must See Boxing TV Now? Who's Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Must See Boxing TV Now? Who's Not?

Listening to Steve Kim's & Mario Lopez's 3 Knockdown podcast this morning & there were talking about how Deontay Wilder has become Must See TV with this latest fight.

Who's Must See TV for you? Who's someone others may think are, but you disagree?

My Must See TV Top Ten:

Joshua
    Wilder
    Fury
    Canelo
    GGG
    Spence
    Bud
    Manny
    Loma
    Tank

Good list. Right now imo I'm not putting any heavyweight in the list until the division gets deeper. Which it looks like it's not anytime soon.

Comment

I would add Inoue to the list.

Whenever broner fights someone who can beat him up (a lot of boxers), I will watch him fight/get beat down. lol

Comment

Individually, none are must see, without the right matchups. The ones I wanna see are: Davis-Lomachenko and Spence-Crawford. I like Canelo, too, but he stands alone at middleweight. Don't care for the rest.

Comment

I like Estrada, Usyk, Katie Taylor, and Inoue as well. Match them well!

Comment

Originally posted by taino78 View Post
            Good list. Right now imo I'm not putting any heavyweight in the list until the division gets deeper. Which it looks like it's not anytime soon.
            Depends on how you define soon.

There are a lot of prospects who look promising, you've got:

Hrgovic, Ajagba, Joyce, Gorman, Teslenko, Wallin, Kuzmin, Yoka, Kabayel, Kownacki, Rivas, Dubois, Dychko.

A good amount of those guys are athletic and have a certain degree of amateur pedigree unlike in the past when a lot of contenders have been slow, fat and robotic no hopers.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              I would add Inoue to the list.
              Inoue is still in boxing hipster territory for me. Lil guys gotta do crazy sh^t or just get super hype (like Loma & Tank) to become Must See level sh^t to me

I suspect casuals have no clue who he is.

Whenever broner fights someone who can beat him up (a lot of boxers), I will watch him fight/get beat down. lol
              I made a honorable mention/not quite must see TV list & Broner was on it so yea I agree even if Broner keeps losing if he won a big fight here or there I suspect I'd have to add him to the list.

Randomly I almost see Broner as a celebrity boxer these days. He's f#cking KSI or Logan Paul almost to me. Thats how much I see him as a personality who happens to box more than a boxer with a interesting personality.

Comment

Absolutely Wilder is number 1, that man gives you what you want!

Inoue and Prograis can be added!

I think Rob Brant deserves a shout, throws 100 punches a round and beats people into submission!

Can’t forget about David Benavides

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  I like Estrada, Usyk, Katie Taylor, and Inoue as well. Match them well!
                  I like Katie Taylor, have seen her fight live once, but which fights have been must See TV?

Taylor looks good compared to her competition, but she is rather one dimensional and lacks power. Not sure what is must see tv about her.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Individually, none are must see, without the right matchups.
                    LOL bro you are a harsh fan.

I remember just a week or two ago you said no fight was PPV worthy.

Now no one is Must See TV.

Damn man you ain't a glass half empty fan you a who f#cking stole my glass fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X