Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Keith Thurman re-estblish himself as #1 if he beats Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Context matters bruh. Look at who Danny has fought at 147, Thurman and Porter, two champions and elite fighters, never been stopped, Guerrero, never been stopped at the time, very durable fighter, with the other guys he's fought getting stopped (Pauli, Vargas, Rios). Danny has shown throughout his career he is heavy-handed and if he lands correctly he can hurt anyone at 147, his KO ratio and what we've seen in the ring shows that.

Danny landing more shots and more powerful shots obviously would have an impact on how Spence fights. Also you keep overlooking the fact that styles make fights. I already explained that Mikey would do better against Danny cos Danny isn't as big nor does he fight at a high pace like Spence.

This is all theoretical anyway, we'll have to see how Mikey does if he sticks around at 147, right now he is unranked and his only fight is a one-sided loss, Danny is a proven top 5 welter and never been dominated like that, at welter or any other weight class.

Edit: to answer your question, I think Spence would outpoint Danny in an 8-4/9-3 typa fight, competitive but clear.
    The point was he didn't make a dent against the top WWs and he wouldn't against Spence either. That's not a knock on him, just the truth. Good puncher for sure, but nothing special. And against Spence who is bigger than most WWs? His power likely does nothing to him.

Okay, so 9-3 or 8-4 type of decision? I could respect that but I don't think after the first four or so rounds it will be that competitive. Think Spence just picks him apart and starts beating him up late in the fight.

You say Danny has never been dominated like that, and while that is true, let's not act like he's faced Spence either. Fighting Porter and Thurman is one thing, but Spence and Crawford seem a level or two above the rest. The good thing is we will at least get to find out if this holds true when Spence gets Porter next, or even possibly Danny. Then at that point no need for any of these types of debates as we will get the answer directly from the actual fight.

Comment

Pacquiao is old as **** man lol, come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        lol, no. Someone is going to have to beat Spence or Crawford to be established as #1. If one of those two beats Thurman it would probably give them claim over the other as being the best in the division.
        I think Crawford needs a win over a viable welterweight. That would go a long way to determining where he stands.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Best resume in what regard? You could argue Spence's wins over Brook and Garcia are better than Thurman's wins over Porter and DSG.

Would you pick DSG over Mikey? Because I bet Mikey would be the favorite in that fight.
          U cant ignore the fact that Mikey a 140lb fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
            U cant ignore the fact that Mikey a 140lb fighter.
            LIS I would pick Mikey over Danny at WW. To me he is just flat out better. And what is Danny's best win at WW and who has he beaten at WW that you don't think Mikey would have also beat?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I think Crawford needs a win over a viable welterweight. That would go a long way to determining where he stands.
              Thank you....im baffled how TC gets a pass for fighting nobody but Jeff Horn! We know TC legit but he the most unproven guy at 147 until he fights a credible opponent

Comment

LIS I would pick Mikey over Danny at WW. To me he is just flat out better. And what is Danny's best win at WW and who has he beaten at WW that you don't think Mikey would have also beat?
                Thats not my point...We talking about ranking at "147"

Comment

I will say he's #1 already, due to the fact that Crawford has fought extremely limited competition due to his promoter while Spence is a beast and no one wants that work.

Due to that, neither of their resumes come close to Thurman's, so despite his layoff I'd say he's still without a doubt the guy at 147.

If Spence or Crawford want that throne, they either night to fight Thurman or each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    No and in his last outing he looked so detached from where he left off in terms of his boxing ability that it's gonna take more than beating an old Pacquiao.
                    Yeah, he looked terrible after 2 years off. Usually good fighters when they drop Lopez finish him but Thurman barely survived the fight.

Too much time off might have done him in. He's got a lot to prove.

Comment

Anyone watching the Spence/Brook at the time didn't say Brook looked any worse than before. He fought like he always does and that was a very good high skilled fight. He just got broken down like all other Spence opponents. Brook to me beat Porter clearly and better than Thurman.
                      That's nonsense. Brook dropped two weight classes to a division he already struggled with, while coming straight from the back off a beating from GGG and eye surgery.

I still give Spence credit. Brook may have beaten any other welterweight apart from Spence that night, but i think it'd have been a different fight if Brook had stayed at WW and fought Spence. Maybe Spence would've won anyway, who knows, but he got Brook at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                      X