Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Expects Canelo vs. Chavez To Break 1 Million PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Expects Canelo vs. Chavez To Break 1 Million PPV Buys

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, who promotes two-division world champion Canelo Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs), expects the upcoming fight with former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (50-2-1, 32 KOs) to break the one million buy mark. The HBO Pay-Per-View event takes place on Cinco De Mayo weekend, Saturday, May 6 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't realize this sham of a fight would be on ppv. Guess I'll be mooching off someone else's cable for this one.

Comment

Didn't he also predict cotto vs Canelo to do 2 mil? Didn't he also predict Canelo vs khan to do over a mil. Appears he's over 50% off in his predictions so expect this to do half of what Oscar is projecting.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
        Didn't he also predict cotto vs Canelo to do 2 mil? Didn't he also predict Canelo vs khan to do over a mil. Appears he's over 50% off in his predictions so expect this to do half of what Oscar is projecting.
        beat me to it

Comment

First big PPV of the year, Cinco de Mayo weekend, two Mexicans, I'd say it clears 800k easily.

Comment

This is going to be the first million buy PPV since Floyd vs Pac...

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
              lol coke head oscar just put the kiss of death on this ppv with his prediction.

Comment

HAHAH OSCARINA ON COCAINE ALERT.... CANELO VS COTTO ONLY DID 500K SO THIS WOULD BE LUCKY TO BREAK THAT..... NO ONE CARES ABOUT CHAVEZ AND HIS TALENTLESS ASS

Comment

I would bet this fight should do around 700k buys. But I'm sure you would have someone not honor it and use that clown who said ggg had 97k buys and Cotto/Canelo did like 500k???

Comment

It'll do around 500-600K at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X