Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some one pls explain to me...What is so special about Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Ward doesn't do anything special. You would be right in that assessment. He isn't particularly skillful or quick, nor does he have blistering combinations. What he does do however, is understand how to smother his opponents work and he is stronger than most guys and can fight well on the inside.

Basically, he does enough to win but never enough to look exceptional.
    Isn't particularly quick or skillful???

Are you for real?

So then no one at 175 has any speed or skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
      What? If he was white he'd be looked at like an American hero.

Why bring up race anyway?You're the dumbest MF on here.
      cause they dont have any arguments other than that people who dont think ward is greatest fighter ever must be racist. Then i list examples of african american fighters that i really like and it goes quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Excellent Jab (both to head and body)

Excellent Defense

Great Head Movement

Masterful at Controlling Distance

Strong Inside Game

Quick from the outside

Quick Feet

Excellent Reflexes

Excellent Timing

Ability To Adjust

Very High In Ring IQ

Excellent Body Puncher

Excellent at Countering

Ward does everything well, the only thing he doesn't have is 1 Punch Power which fans of this ERA are obsessed with but yet these guys with all this "POWER" seems to always lose big matches vs SKILLED FIGHTERS who are said to have "NO POWER". Hard to beat a guy when you're coming in depending on Power and hoping to score a KO! He can beat you many ways while you can only beat him 1 way and that is to land big and knock him out. However if you can't land big on him 99.9% of these "BIG POWER FIGHTERS" are losing to Skilled Boxers!

Sorry but Emotionally Attachment, Racism or whatever people do on this forum, none of that will help your favorite fighter win, the best fighter WILL WIN! Fans somehow think their hate impacts the fight which is the funniest **** ever "Well If I Hate Him And Get Others To Hate Him He Might Lose" sorry it doesn't work like that people!
        yeah i agree with 'great head movement' thats for sure, usually connects it straight on the opponents head

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Well he is black so that automatically makes him skilled. If he were a pure white guy he would be considered a hype job with flaws that hbo protects by giving him guys like brand to fight and his olympic gold wouldnt mean chit it was rigged.
          Very true Respect

Comment

He's a talented boxer and he more or less cleaned out 168. He's also the last American to a win a gold medal for boxing at the Olympics. Does that make him "special"? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              He is a student of the game

he adjusts on the fly

he can fight going forward, laterally, backwards, inside...he has all the subtle skills and techniques

also he is a top notch athlete and has above average speed, reflexes, and leg at 168 and up

Also he doesnt leave much to chance, he wins out right, has no robbery wins and wins clearly.

his greatest asset is his work ethic, self belief, and come on....dude hasnt lost since his pubs started coming in....he is obviously doing something right
              he has one good win, cobra froch, in which it was 115-113 on two cards

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
                yeah i agree with 'great head movement' thats for sure, usually connects it straight on the opponents head

Comment

also does make me laugh how you lot make out ward is so proven and invincible. Kovalev and stevenson (and i dont think much of stevenson) would beat every fighter on wards CV

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Well he is black so that automatically makes him skilled. If he were a pure white guy he would be considered a hype job with flaws that hbo protects by giving him guys like brand to fight and his olympic gold wouldnt mean chit it was rigged.
                    Great! So Ward would be GGG, got it.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      wasnt really a joke mate, his ability to headbutt people and hiding it from the ref is part of his style, saw one of his fan videos label it as 'head control' lol, as if its something we should admire

Comment

Working...
                      X