• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who ray leonard have finished

a fight with haggler who beat hearns.

I'm not following..

Comment

I will clarify Marvin in 85 had less wear and tear and seemed foc sed on de.stroying hearns simply believing that he had the chin that he co ld walk threw hearns where he tried to o tbox leonard. If he came with same mindset as the hearns fight I think he wo ld have knocked o t ray

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        I will clarify Marvin in 85 had less wear and tear and seemed foc sed on de.stroying hearns simply believing that he had the chin that he co ld walk threw hearns where he tried to o tbox leonard. If he came with same mindset as the hearns fight I think he wo ld have knocked o t ray
        I agree that the Hagler who fought Hearns in 85 was not quite the same fighter who faced Leonard...However, Tommy took a whole different route altogether from Ray when it came to Hagler...

The Duran fight screwed Tommy's head all up...He was really feeling himself & was totally convinced that Marvin would fold just as Duran did...Armed with the knowledge of how Hearns got himself massacred, Ray opted to box & the rest is history...

Comment

Hagler pre hearns beats leonard,, post hearns Hagler is worn enough for ray to capitalize..

I always thought that the hearns fight really took something out of hagler and he never again was the same. Even though he won, he ate some brutal shots and was never the same,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Hagler pre hearns beats leonard,, post hearns Hagler is worn enough for ray to capitalize..

I always thought that the hearns fight really took something out of hagler and he never again was the same. Even though he won, he ate some brutal shots and was never the same,,,
            It had to of. No one ate up Tommy Hearns right hand the way Hagler did. Just in the first round, Hearns lands a right off the ropes that rocked Hagler pretty good. He held himself well after but a trained eye can see he was very buzzed.

I'm telling you now I believe that punch would KO pretty much any fighter below HW, would even knock some HWs out. It was a bomb from hell. no clue how Hagler took it.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              It had to of. No one ate up Tommy Hearns right hand the way Hagler did. Just in the first round, Hearns lands a right off the ropes that rocked Hagler pretty good. He held himself well after but a trained eye can see he was very buzzed.

I'm telling you now I believe that punch would KO pretty much any fighter below HW, would even knock some HWs out. It was a bomb from hell. no clue how Hagler took it.
              Yeah, I also felt the same thing happened to margarito after beating cotto.. Everyone talks about how cotto was ruined, but I think margarito was ruined as well.. Castillo-Corrales both guys were never the same...

Hagler ate those hellacious shots, got his biggest win, but paid dearly long term..

Comment

Well this isn't very fair. That wasn't exactly Leonard's best version either with the several years of ring rust and drug abuse, getting older(SRL relied far more on youth than a guy like Hagler). In fact their levels of adversity to overcome wasn't even close. The fact that Leonard still beat him in his state gives me reason to believe that he would defeat Hagler quite clearly if they were prime against prime. Styles.

Comment

Working...
                X