Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez is Leaning Towards Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He won't retire with more high profile, high paying, close losses out there with his name on them, lol.

Comment

against the right guy, he can still look devastating. he can try the maidana/broner winner. no point in rematching bradley, it's a bad stylistic matchup for him and nacho knows it. they knew it but they probably thought bradley would fight him like he did against ruslan. If marquez rematches pac, he'll make good money on a very winnable fight but he could also sustain serious punishment. he can win against most 147s outside bradley and floyd but he'll likely sustain a good beating in doing so.

Comment

Seriously though..... Marquez is one of my favorite fighters but dude needs to stop crying and take the L standing up and not sitting down pissing. Damn Marquez you went from the man to the baby in a lil less than a year. Bradely beat you and no one is saying it is a robbery other then some die hard fans and people who don't like Bradley. I picked Marquez but have no problem with giving Bradley his props for the win. Marquez went for the title and lost. I think he totally underestimated Bradley after the fight with that Russian kid.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          Seriously though..... Marquez is one of my favorite fighters but dude needs to stop crying and take the L standing up and not sitting down pissing. Damn Marquez you went from the man to the baby in a lil less than a year. Bradely beat you and no one is saying it is a robbery other then some die hard fans and people who don't like Bradley. I picked Marquez but have no problem with giving Bradley his props for the win. Marquez went for the title and lost. I think he totally underestimated Bradley after the fight with that Russian kid.
          What was your scorecard Grus? I felt Marquez fck up by not pressuring from the 5th round on. He came hard from the 9th round on but it was a little too late to change the direction of the fight

Comment

Can he drop the belt today so this saturday fight can become a world title fight

Comment

He still has a big money rematch with likar ramos

Comment

If Marcos Maidana wins against Adrien Broner, I think that Juan Manuel Marquez vs Maidana would be at great fight for what would be Maidana's 147 pound title. Although if Broner beats Maidana then a fight against Marquez wouldn't make much sense for Marquez since Broner would probably fight in similar fashion as Bradley. In which case Marquez could still go to junior welterweight and be competitive against any of the top guys in that division to be able to retire with a win against a top guy but without that title in a 5th weight division.

Comment

Don't retire just yet. Do you want the boxing world's last memory to be of you crying like a little girl, screaming you were robbed in a fight that you clearly lost?

I'd like to think you'd end your career on a better note.

Comment

Done

marquez is done.

Comment

He should retire after the Pacman fight. And will always remember.....but now he will remember as the man who put Manny to sleep and the crying baby!

Comment

Working...
                      X