Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter who fought completely squared up all the time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a fighter who fought completely squared up all the time?

Someone who didn't fight southpaw or orthodox, but fought completely squared up and could lead with either hand.

Can't think of any of the top of my head but if there was one his footwork must of been god awful.

Comment

guillermo jones did it in the lebedev fight a good deal. i have not seen a ton of his work otherwise.

Comment

closest thing to that I can think of maybe marvin Johnson who was a southpaw seemed to square his shoulders and just throw either hand either lead left cross or right jab and when he got close enuff he'd just buzzsaw away. other one comes to mind, troydorsew who just threw shots nonstop. u could actually hear him exhale with every punch. one more very obscure type im thinkin he's from Indonesia fought Arthur flash Johnson and was just jumpin all over flash and throwin shots any old kinda way and actually was winnin for a few rounds until he slowed down and flash figured him outand stopped him

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo
          Can't think of any of the top of my head but if there was one his footwork must of been god awful.
          The badassness would cover any shortcomings in footwork.

Anyone willing to totally abandon footwork like that is probably a god of war.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Brian Sutherland?
            Last edited by DeepSleep; 05-23-2013, 07:03 PM. Reason: Embedding not working...

Comment

Pito Cardona did it too much.

Comment

Joe Frazier used to fight squared

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post

Brian Sutherland?
                  Sutherland is an ATG for sure, but he definitely lead with his left palm.

Comment

This guy

Comment

Working...
                    X