Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next two off the Brit Heavyweight conveyor belt...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    We seem to have produced a lot of talent over the last few years. Some from the Ams, others have come from off the radar.

Assuming Joe Joyce turns over at some point this year, the next in line to replace him on the GB squad is Frazier Clarke.

Big old unit (6'5"). 25yrs old. Been WSB for a while. Like the look of him actually and will be good to see how he does as the main man on the GB team. Pretty raw though and needs a lot of work

Also we have the guy who was coming up quick behind Clarke in Daniel Dubois, who has been snapped up recently by Frank Warren. Only 19 years old. Absolutely massive for his age. Unlike a lot of these big guys he has been boxing since he was young.

Only fights on YT are of him as a 17/18 yr old. Again he looks raw, but definitely lots of talent to work with

Obviously not saying they will definitely succeed in ams or pro, but good to see the talent keep coming.
    Frazer to me looks like a pretty decent prospect....good hand speed and combinations , timing seems good as well and has good power..one draw back is he pulls straight back and gets caught , but that can be corrected with a decent coach....needs to get his scates on thogh if he wants to make it in the pros...we will see

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      There's also Nathan Gorman, another traveller from fighting stock, who is promoted and trained by Ricky Hatton. He's fighting for the English title already in a few months. Could be a dark horse
      LOL is Bartly Gorman love child

Comment

There's also Nathan Gorman, another traveller from fighting stock, who is promoted and trained by Ricky Hatton. He's fighting for the English title already in a few months. Could be a dark horse
        Just watched a bit of Nathan. Looks good. Has that gypsy looseness that you only get when you come from proper fighting stock.

Sinks in a great body shot (credit to Ricky)

Look forward to seeing him step up

Comment

Just watched a bit of Nathan. Looks good. Has that gypsy looseness that you only get when you come from proper fighting stock.

Sinks in a great body shot (credit to Ricky)

Look forward to seeing him step up
          Is that from the weekend? Where'd you see the footage?

It's a shame they couldn't find a TV slot for his English title challenge on some undercard or something. I might have to try and see it in person. Don't know much about Akinlade but hopefully he can make it interesting

Comment

It's a shame they couldn't find a TV slot for his English title challenge on some undercard or something. I might have to try and see it in person. Don't know much about Akinlade but hopefully he can make it interesting
            No i was looking for his ko from the weekend but couldnt find it. Thought id just watch some older bouts. Hes well in the tough eastern euro journeyman phase which is fine for his age. But it doesnt tell you a huge amount about him. He looks decent though

Ricky has some interesting fighters in his stable these days. He seems like he is putting facets of his own style in his fighters which is a good sign.

Crazy that some non televised fights arent just filmed and stuck up on YT really. Thought that about Daws vs Yigit the other weekend. Its a Euro title fight ffs. Just stick a cheapo camera up and upload it online

Comment

No i was looking for his ko from the weekend but couldnt find it. Thought id just watch some older bouts. Hes well in the tough eastern euro journeyman phase which is fine for his age. But it doesnt tell you a huge amount about him. He looks decent though

Ricky has some interesting fighters in his stable these days. He seems like he is putting facets of his own style in his fighters which is a good sign.

Crazy that some non televised fights arent just filmed and stuck up on YT really. Thought that about Daws vs Yigit the other weekend. Its a Euro title fight ffs. Just stick a cheapo camera up and upload it online
              Yeah Ricky seems more suited to training than he was to promoting anyway

Yeah I was annoyed about the Yigit fight too, I thought Hennessy would've been able to wrangle a Channel Five or BoxNation timeslot. In general though I think online streams are going to become more and more common in sports. Hearn has already hopped on the bandwagon with his "Nxtgen" series, which will be streamed live to Facebook, and where Hearn goes I reckon others will follow. I think VIP Promotions streamed a card just this weekend too

Comment

Yeah Ricky seems more suited to training than he was to promoting anyway

Yeah I was annoyed about the Yigit fight too, I thought Hennessy would've been able to wrangle a Channel Five or BoxNation timeslot. In general though I think online streams are going to become more and more common in sports. Hearn has already hopped on the bandwagon with his "Nxtgen" series, which will be streamed live to Facebook, and where Hearn goes I reckon others will follow. I think VIP Promotions streamed a card just this weekend too
                Yeah they need to hop on it soon because the illegal streamers on facebook are doing ridiculous numbers.

Apparently a guy had 100k+ viewers for the Green vs Mundine fight the other day

Comment

Dubois to debut against 12-5 David Howe.

Good debut. Howe isnt any good, but he has beaten some of the guys that prospects would normally fight in there first 5 or so bouts.

Normally loses by ko as well so good for brand building

Comment

Dubois to debut against 12-5 David Howe.

Good debut. Howe isnt any good, but he has beaten some of the guys that prospects would normally fight in there first 5 or so bouts.

Normally loses by ko as well so good for brand building
                    I honestly thought Howe looked decent for a round and half against Dave Allen and then he inexplicably gassed. Got pinged with one shot and swallowed it.

Easy for me to say but it's like he smoked 40 B&H and drank a pint of goose fat before he got into the ring with Allen. He had the energy of a komodo dragon on ketamine.

I know he jumped off the couch but even so. He looked in shape. There is something up with his body's ability to exchange gases.

He will probably box beautifully against Dubois too.......for about 23 seconds.

Comment

Hatton has uploaded it on YT mate of you are interested.

Not the best fight. Akinlande is tough and pressed the action but couldnt seem to get going at all. Gorman looked good, solid skills, some lovely moves (esp. backing up to ropes and countering with uppercut), but never looked like hurting Akinlande really.

Hes a big lump Gorman but maybe, as Dave Allen says on commentary, just looking for his man strength still. Good learning fight though and Akinlande is the type of fighter all our prospects should fight coming up

Comment

Working...
                      X