No announcement yet.

I know many don't like broner but that was no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    golovkin is also not a big MW. i agree that he's a year round athlete and that broner just trains and boxes when he's got a paycheck lined up, but 165 several weeks out is a small middleweight any way you slice it. jacobs jas no bad habits from what i can gather, and he's about 10 lbs bigger than golovkin right now, and will probably be 5-10 lbs bigger on the night of the fight.

Go back under the rock your lame azz crawled from under

You been sitting back waiting on a opportunity to quote me or say something bwahahaha

This is a broner v Granados thread.....go suck off GGG somewhere else

Comment

what happened on 11/19?

the ward fight?

i went there to see andre ward you f#cking deluded loser . i went to that fight to see andre ward. i've had a ward avatar for years, and he is one of my favorite fighters. you are immature and deluded.

moving on to your specific delusions regarding this fight, broner's people forced granados into a higher weight only a few weeks out from the fight. that's exactly what happened. broner is notorious for manipulting scales to get an advantage. brought porter, a big WW down. missed weight several times against smaller guys. got his fanfare and billing from knockouts over tiny little 130 lbers.

and of course i want this loser to lose. of course i do! FFS granados seemed like a nice kid whow was fighting for the memory of his dead friend. broner is an embarassment to professional boxing and has zero class. he's arrogant, and he can't back it up against guys of his size who are world class. if you don't think he's deserving of wanting the other guy to beat him that is on you. if you root for adrien broner you probably have some kind of agenda. there are very few fighters who make it to TV consistently who are so unlikeable.

i expect you to think the rest of the forum is racist and deluded. that's because you are racist and deluded.

continue to think i am mad about kovalev beating ward. FFS can somebody who has been posting here for a while talk about how NE feels about andre ward, particularly when he was in and coming out of the SS and hadn't been spoiled?
      In fairness, Granados said 147 suited him because he was sick also.

But I agree with you about Broner

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I had Granados winning but definitely no robbery
        Agreed. Too many rounds could go either way.

It's a lot easier to find those rounds for Granados though, especially in the first 8. It's a minor star power decision, but not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I agree... He has to be dedicated or expect a rough road @ 147
          Agreed. He just doesn't have the ring IQ to successfully fight at 147. He tried and failed to emulate Floyd precisely because of that.

I was a massive Broner fan back in the day... now I just hope he does well.

Comment

Broner got the decision but it could have went either way. What that fight showed me is that Broner doesn't belong at 147 and Crawdaddy would tear his ass up at 140. He is a man that's caught between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

golovkin is also not a big MW. i agree that he's a year round athlete and that broner just trains and boxes when he's got a paycheck lined up, but 165 several weeks out is a small middleweight any way you slice it. jacobs jas no bad habits from what i can gather, and he's about 10 lbs bigger than golovkin right now, and will probably be 5-10 lbs bigger on the night of the fight.
              I hear you, but to me, that doesn't necessarily mean GGG is a small MW, or isn't a big MW. It just means Jacobs is a bigger MW than GGG.

I think GGG is big enough that he can move up to 168 comfortably, and fight between 168 and like 172 or so. Over 168 will be a challenge, but the dude has power, and a pretty solid chin.
              I genuinely think he can fight comfortably between 155/6 and 168. Not because his/his camp said so, but because of his weight.

That said, I think the window to move up is extremely limited though, considering his age though.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                They were hoping he would fold....he didn't

Yea broner may be the most hated fighter on NSB

I enjoyed the fight and the usual suspects screaming robbery

Its OK to just say damn, I hoped AB would lose that one sheesh
                I would've loved to see Granados pull it off. He's one of those solid fighters that doesn't get great promotion or management early on and takes on tough fights early on in his career. He smoked out Amir Imam who was one of the hottest up and comers at the time.

Last night just wasn't his night though. He didn't really "lose" but like I always say, as the B side on the road you are 3 rounds in the hole before the opening bell. You need to win 8 rounds for the judges to give you 5. In a 10 round fight, the margin for error is slim to none.

Comment

Ok I didn't watch the fight live, I really dislike Broner etc. Got on to NSB this morning and saw all the posts and robbery, kinda knew NSB so didn't really pay much attention to it. So I went out and download the fight and watch it myself, and my judgement was it was a better fight than what was anticipated, close on my scorecard but I thought Broner won this fight.

Comment

Broner lost, and thats the real deal.

No other way to say it. Was a good fight but broner lost.

Comment

Broner - 6 rnds to Granados 4 rnds is how I saw it .

Comment

Working...
                      X