Comments Thread For: Chocolatito vs. Sor Rungvisai Winner To Face Cuadras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great news.....best fight the best sooner than later

Comment

The Inoue fight happens this year or not at all. Inoue will probably go to 118 before long and Gonzalez is nearly at the end of the road.

Interestingly, everyone seems to have been calling out Gonzalez except Inoue. Makes you wonder if HBO will put up the cash required to bring him to North America for the fight. It would be hard to put up a satisfactory purse if he did really want it. If he's lukewarm about it then the chances are even slimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        The Inoue fight happens this year or not at all. Inoue will probably go to 118 before long and Gonzalez is nearly at the end of the road.

Interestingly, everyone seems to have been calling out Gonzalez except Inoue. Makes you wonder if HBO will put up the cash required to bring him to North America for the fight. It would be hard to put up a satisfactory purse if he did really want it. If he's lukewarm about it then the chances are even slimmer.
        inoue has said before that he's not ready yet for gonzalez.

Comment

So gonzo wanted more money to fight Cuadras but will be making less money regardless against this guy lol smart business move fella

Although the guy seems to carry power, dont think Ive ever seen him fight but considering gonzo got hit quite a bit last time out, this could be an exciting match up. As long as cuadras 2 and inoue happens this year im fine.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            So gonzo wanted more money to fight Cuadras but will be making less money regardless against this guy lol smart business move fella

Although the guy seems to carry power, dont think Ive ever seen him fight but considering gonzo got hit quite a bit last time out, this could be an exciting match up. As long as cuadras 2 and inoue happens this year im fine.
            If Gonzalez fights both Cuadras and Inoue this year I think he'll retire. Those are two bruising fights.

Inoue is very good laying down fire but it's unclear how well he would do on the inside against Gonzalez. Different level of intelligence to anything he's seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              If Gonzalez fights both Cuadras and Inoue this year I think he'll retire. Those are two bruising fights.

Inoue is very good laying down fire but it's unclear how well he would do on the inside against Gonzalez. Different level of intelligence to anything he's seen.
              Gonzo beats Inoue AS OF NOW. Inoue isn't yet at his best, In a couple years when he reaches that point, I think he beats anyone in those sub bantam weights.

Also, gonzo is only 29 right? I don't think he'd retire after the biggest year of his career. He has lucrative fights if Estrada rematch happens and he maybe braves a step to bantam.

Comment

Gonzo beats Inoue AS OF NOW. Inoue isn't yet at his best, In a couple years when he reaches that point, I think he beats anyone in those sub bantam weights.

Also, gonzo is only 29 right? I don't think he'd retire after the biggest year of his career. He has lucrative fights if Estrada rematch happens and he maybe braves a step to bantam.
                Yeah if he wins both his stock will be too high to retire. But win or lose he'll do it toe-to-toe and a 30 year old flyweight won't have a lot left after two more wars.

Comment

Inuoes hand injuries are worrying though, plus he will move up in weight. I think this fight happens this year or not at all if you want both to be at their best

Comment

Risk and reward isnt it?

Rungvisai is a tough fighter, ranked mid top 10 by most independent rankings, but RG should beat him. Cuadras is a much riskier fight, as is Estrada and Inuoe. He wants to be paid well for them.

Comment

kev tbh mate i think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on RG and the lower weights. I personally think these guys are exceptionally skilled and even though they take more (and often worse) filler fights, they more often than not fight the right opponents at the right time as well. If you dont rate them then fair enough. Its not for everyone

For the record i was talking a bout Rungvisai vs Cuadras not the RG fight

Comment

Working...
                      X