Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stylistically, who has a better chance against GGG, Canelo or Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Canelo has a better chance. But I think Jacobs has a better chance against Canelo than GGG. Styles make fights

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      In all fairness, I think Canelo has a stylistic advantage over GGG. If anyone is going to beat GGG and we had to think of the attributes they'd need it'd look a lot like Canelo. A hard hitting agressive counter puncher who holds his ground and throws combinations..with good size, good chin, a vicious uppercut along with great body work in addition to elite boxing skills. All that in a fighter with great pride and will. Outside of that we have to think of a supremely skilled long range boxer with durability and a ton of speed who isnt afraid to make it "ugly" with clinches, etc. Lara and Andrade are probably the closest to that in that weight range but I'm not sure they have the durability.

Jacobs does have a lot of speed and is a massive puncher with good skills. Do not discount Jacobs' power because dude is sharp and powerful. Chinny...but he's not just live. If he can hurt GGG this is very very good. Lets see how GGG handles Jacob's power. Make no mistake about it this is a big fight and Jacobs is more than just a live dog (I love Jacobs so maybe I'm being biased or blind but whatever..)
      Good post and I agree. I think Canelos down fall will be the feet. GGG may not be fleet footed but his positioning is great. For Jacobs personally I think his best bet is to come out fast and hard, gain respect and move on from there but I think GGG again has the better positioning to lay down the accumulative punishment...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I think Canelo has a better chance. But I think Jacobs has a better chance against Canelo than GGG. Styles make fights
        Do you think Team Canelo would rather see GGG in September over Jacobs?

Not talking $ either just opponent wise?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          This times about 1000. Danny has no inside game to speak of and without that you have no hope against GGG.

I honestly don't think Canelo has much of a chance, but if he is willing and able to stay inside on GGG, he has a shot.
          Yeah I would have to favour Golovkin as well, Canelo is not an aggressive fighter, he's a counter puncher, so unless changes his approach, he's in trouble. Even if he fights more aggressively than usual, he would have to walk through fire to get inside Golovkin, Golovkin controls distance very well with his jab.

On the flip side, you could say Golovkin is an aggressive fighter which usually plays into Canelo's hands, but this is an exception, Golovkin only gets close enough to you so that you're in range, at the end of his punches, he doesn't walk all the way into the pocket, where Canelo is at his best.

Comment

Tough one but I think Canelo. He just has more of a ring presence if you will. He has a better chin and definitely has diversity and power with his punches. The unknown is whether or not Canelo or Jacobs can withstand Golovkin unrelenting pressure and power. At least we'll find out fairly soon with the Jacobs fight. Looking forward to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Do you think Team Canelo would rather see GGG in September over Jacobs?

Not talking $ either just opponent wise?
              Jacobs for sure. But let's say Jacobs pulls an upset. Do you see him fighting Jacobs in September?

Comment

They are both great and they both have a chance to win. Canelo has a better chance to win because he has a much better chin to withstand GGG's terrific two handed punching power. Also Canelo is a wicked body puncher with the kind of body punches that can hurt even a bull like GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  Yeah I would have to favour Golovkin as well, Canelo is not an aggressive fighter, he's a counter puncher, so unless changes his approach, he's in trouble. Even if he fights more aggressively than usual, he would have to walk through fire to get inside Golovkin, Golovkin controls distance very well with his jab.

On the flip side, you could say Golovkin is an aggressive fighter which usually plays into Canelo's hands, but this is an exception, Golovkin only gets close enough to you so that you're in range, at the end of his punches, he doesn't walk all the way into the pocket, where Canelo is at his best.
                  The bolded part is pretty much the problem for anyone that fights GGG imo. The combination of his jab, balance, power, body punching, ability to cut the ring off all while appearing to have a granite chin make him a tough nut to crack even if he is in with someone that might be a better overall fighter than he is. Even if you can outskill him he is still going to get his pound of flesh and twelve rounds of body punches from a guy that hits like him is a tall order. Its why i think Canelo is in trouble. Even if Canelo fights out of his mind and executes a perfect game plan. Is he going to be able to take 12 rounds of punishment? I just don't see it.

Comment

Canelo, why? Because he is the more sturdy,better defensive fighter who doesnt need to move his legs much because he has good upperbody movement..Plus he has beautiful combos that will cause GGG to reset..Jacobs is the harder puncher and has a shot to ko GGG but his chin will eventually let him down IMO..but GGG-Jacobs is a damn good fight

Comment

I know Canelo has the judges, but....

I can't see Canelo hurting Golovkin, who would eventually damage Canelo in some way.

Jacobs has the jam to hurt Golovkin, so I give him a better shot than Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X